Grades: Nursery School-PK
In the Discovery Preschool classroom the children learned how to care for plants and flowers. They used their gross-motor skills and fine-motor skills to plant the seeds in the dirt, and water them.Then they used their imagination to 'watch' the flowers grow! Look how fast they grew in 1 day with some soil, water, sun and lots of IMAGINATION!!!
Our classrooms have all the areas for learning in all developmental domains. The science and sensory table promotes children to investigate the environment and experiment with a variety of materials. The children explore cause and effect, observation skills, measurement skills and problem solving strategies while in these learning centers.
In our center the teachers and children will create new, eduacational and fun learning environments based on the curriculum they will be learning about. This is one example of how they transformed their dramatic play into a pumpkin patch, while exploring pumpkins gords and so much more.
This is one of the enhancements for our dramatic play area. The children helped the teacher create a construction site during the tools and machines unit. The children used blocks, hammers, screw drivers, levels and so many more tools as they build different buildings, factories and structures. The children were arctitects, construction workers and used their imagination to be whatever they wanted to be! They used their hand-eye coordination, role paying skills, cooperation and problem-solving skills and gained knowledge of concepts such as area, height, weight and length while exploring cause and effect. Exploration is a leading form of learning here at KinderCare. Every activity, enhancement and toy has an educational purpose behind it. We would love to show you what your child will learn here!
In our classrooms we provide numerous materials to promote the development of all the children from 6 weeks old - 12 years old. This is a math mat from our preschool and prekindergarten classrooms. The child is doing an addition and subtraction activity. She is using counters and adding them together. This activity is helping her with number recognition, understanding quanties and the number it represents as well as practicing addition and subtration concepts.
The children were so excited to have a critter day! They learned all about animals, where they live and how to take care of them! One of the toddlers were so intrigued to see them!
While running and exercising outdoors, we offer various materials and opportunities for children to learn. This chld is practicing his fine motor skills, literacy and math skills with the use of chalk. Outdoor enhancement boxes are provided to promote learning outdoors. Some of the boxes include items for dance such as scarves and instruments. Creative expression with materials such as markers, paper, challk and even paint, and so much more. Our goal is to make every child have a passion for learning, especially through play.
The teachers and staff members at Shelton KinderCare are very passionate and nurturing towards the children in their care.
Most of our teachers have a Bachelor's Degree, Child Development Associate Credential or are pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education.
Some of our teachers have been with our company for over ten years and our average staff tenure is five years.
Our team participates in continuing education through monthly staff meetings and company professional development trainings.
Our center strives from the amazing commitment and our teacher's outstanding personalities.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery School-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
- Our experts designed our classrooms Ã¢â‚¬â€ and every activity and lesson Ã¢â‚¬â€ to help prepare your child for success in school and beyond. With designated learning centers such as dramatic play and blocks in every classroom, children have the opportunity for rich social play and child-initiated discovery. YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll also find that our classrooms feature a print-rich environment full of carefully selected materials, written charts and labels, and childrenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s literature. By helping your child connect spoken words and print, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re helping develop early literacy and writing skills. Whether your child has first words or first grade on the horizon, weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re excited to show you how everything in our center is designed for learning!
- The health and safety of our children and staff are our main priority at KinderCare. Not only are all of our outside perimeter doors locked to ensure security, but all of our playgrounds are fenced with secure gates as well. In addition, the front door of the building has a coded entry where only authorized family members have a code to enter. Otherwise a doorbell is available to visitors who will be greeted by a center staff member. There is always a staff member certified in CPR, First Aid and Medication Administration onsite. A center manager conducts a playground and site inspection daily, to ensure that our learning center is ready for your child to participate in our program safety. Our Health and Safety Coordinator, Ms. Shannon, assists management in ensuring that all safety measures are maintained. We also have a facilities technician on call at all times.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: American_sign_langugage, French, Spanish
- Care For Kids
Profile last updated: 03/14/2016
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SheltonGrades: PK-KG | 70 students
3 Corporate Dr
Shelton, CT 06484
TrumbullGrades: 9-12 | 815 students
2320 Huntington Tpke
Trumbull, CT 06611
TrumbullGrades: PK-8 | 214 students
190 Shelton Rd
Trumbull, CT 06611
TrumbullGrades: UG | 68 students
95 Merritt Blvd
Trumbull, CT 06611
SheltonGrades: PK-8 | 218 students
503 Shelton Ave
Shelton, CT 06484
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.