Grades: K-9 | 167 students
- The academic program of Shrine of the Sacred Heart School includes the core subjects required by the Archdiocese of Baltimore and the Maryland State Board of Education.
- Shrine of the Sacred Heart School provides a supportive faith community in order to help students attain spiritual values.
- All students have daily instruction in religion and are expected to participate in all liturgical celebrations, prayer, and religious activities.
- Catholic students prepare for the sacraments in religion classes according to the guidelines established by Shrine of the Sacred Heart parish.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled at the end of the first and second trimesters.
- Conferences may also be scheduled whenever the teacher or parent has a concern.
- Our mission is to nurture students intellectually, spiritually, morally, socially, and physically.
- We encourage the children in our diversified student body to reach their full academic potential.
- Particular emphasis is placed on helping students develop self-esteem, respect for others, and personal responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Ellicott CityGrades: NS-5 | 305 students
9130 Frederick Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
TowsonGrades: PK-8 | 555 students
112 Ware Ave
Towson, MD 21204
CatonsvilleGrades: PK-8 | 374 students
26 Melvin Ave
Catonsville, MD 21228
BaltimoreGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
6946 Dogwood Rd
Baltimore, MD 21244
LaurelGrades: KG-8 | 413 students
106 Saint Marys Pl
Laurel, MD 20707
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.