- St. Aloysius Academy is a private Catholic elementary school committed to the spiritual, moral, and academic development of each student.
- St. Aloysius prepares young boys to assume with confidence roles of Christian leadership and service.
- Through the dedication and commitment of a caring faculty and staff, each student is encouraged to recognize and develop his God-given gifts and talents so that he will be prepared to meet with Christian fortitude the challenges and demands of an ever-changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(gray trousers, navy blazer, white shirt, tie)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,400|
|Admissions Director||Sister Maryann Weidner IHM|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Hanson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||BAsketball for Grades 2-4, Chess Club, Happy Hour for K and 1, Leadership Council, Pottery Club, Rocket Club, Science Explorers Chess Club, Pottery Club, Rocket Club, BAsketball for Grades 2-4,
Happy Hour for K and 1,
- Sponsored by the Sisters, Sevants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Accreditated by the Middle School Association of Colleges and Schools
- Nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Innovation in Education Award for Promoting Catholic Identity
- 21st Century skills intentionally taught - compassion, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity and communication
- K-8 Curriculum - Religion, Reading/Elnglish Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies,Computer and Library Literacy, Music, Art, Physical Education, K-3 Karate, 6-8 Rosetta Stone Language Program (French, German, Mandarin, Spanish), K-4 Mandarin Chinese; K-5 Spanish; 6-8 Latin
- Extended-day care
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HaverfordGrades: PK-12 | 981 students
450 Lancaster Ave.
Haverford, PA 19041
MalvernGrades: PK-8 | 364 students
1140 West King Road
Malvern, PA 19355
DresherGrades: NS-6 | 150 students
1701 Jarrettown Rd
Dresher, PA 19025
StraffordGrades: K-12 | 255 students
445 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
1344 Montgomery Avenue
Rosemont, PA 19010
Great School! The teachers and faculty are wonderful. The boys are encouraged to be leaders and thinkers on a daily basis. Wonderful music and sports program which the boys are also encouraged to explore and excel at.
- Posted by Parent - trish
Matt and I wish to express our most sincere appreciation for all you do to make St. Aloyisus such a wonderful, learning experience for our son. From the welcoming signs up the driveway to the inspiring emails to parents, you and your staff of excellent teachers, have made us feel like we are finally home. When my son, Matt, got in the car yesterday, I asked him how his first day went. I was elated when he said, "It was great! The best day ever. It was awesome!" In all his years of gradeschool, Matt never felt that happy. Thank you for providing my son and our entire family with this experience. We look forward to two wonderful years at St. Aloyisus!
- Posted by Parent - marya
The unique spirit of partnership and trust that exists among school staff, parents and students achieves a common goal: the academic, spiritual and social development of our boys.
- Posted by Parent - ppcar
St. Aloysius Academy is an amazing school. When my husband and I started the search, I did not anticipate sending them to an "all-boys" school, but after one visit to St. Aloysius, we knew this is where we wanted to send our boys. Every aspect of a child's development is nurtured in this school. My sons are learning in such a well-balanced environment: art, language, gym, karate, and music. You will not find a better a better music program in grammar school. What is really unique is that so many of the boys are involved in the music program, making it "the norm" which I am not sure would happen if my sons were in a co-educational environment. And lastly, I would like to comment on the values that the Sisters and faculty instill in our boys. It is second to none. Such values are more important than ever in today's world. Saint Aloysius truly teaches our young boys how to become men, but also teaches them how to do so by being gentleman.
- Posted by Parent - kdsim
St. Aloysius Academy provides excellent academic instruction at each grade level. This instruction is academically challenging and encourages each student to strive for success. The cross curriculum expands the individual's mind and develops creative instincts to further explore other avenues. The grounds are simply breathtaking, welcoming all to the campus. The families, by example, are an inspiration to their sons and offer much support to the community.
- Posted by Parent - forth
As a parent of a recent graduate and a current student I would strongly recommend considering St. Aloysius Academy for you son. The school has an excellent academic program and a strong emphasis on service and leadership. St. Aloysius prepares boys to be young men of solid Christina values.
- Posted by Parent - steph