Grades: K-9 | 198 students
- St. Benedict the Moor School is an African American Catholic School with a mission statement that defines the school.
- Its purpose is to provide excellence in education and strong Christian character development in an atmosphere that promotes self-esteem in our students.
- St. Benedict the Moor School is an instrument of evangelization and those who teach and work here are primarily ministers of the Good News, espousing social justice, and Gospel values.
- The primary goal of St. Benedict the Moor School is to provide excellence in education and strong Christian character development in an atmosphere that promotes self-confidence and self-esteem.
- A strong curriculum is provided which includes the doctrine and teachings of the Catholic faith.
- Meeting the needs of the whole child is a priority in the total school program.
- There is a specific importance placed on the special needs of each student.
- The total school program provides our students with a strong knowledge base about the great influences and contributions of their culture and race on the history of the Unitied States.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PittsburghGrades: PK-12 | 651 students
206 Siebert Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
West MifflinGrades: PK-12 | 224 students
1900 Clairton Rd
West Mifflin, PA 15122
PittsburghGrades: K-8 | 131 students
809 Center Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
WilkinsburgGrades: PK-8 | 226 students
721 Rebecca Ave
Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
West MifflinGrades: PK-8 | 132 students
653 Saint Agnes Ln
West Mifflin, PA 15122
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.