Grades: K-12 | 2221 students
- St. John's is an independent, co-educational day school presenting a 13-year sequence of college preparatory training.
- A non-profit institution, it was founded in 1946 to provide the community with a school of exacting standards in the development of individual, spiritual, ethical, intellectual, social and physical growth.
- While the means to achieve that purpose may change, it remains the basic mission of the School.
- The School seeks to develop the whole person in preparation for a lifetime of personal fulfillment and contribution to society.
- In particular, it is dedicated to the enhancement and the expansion of future leadership for Houston and the country.
- The School offers talented, motivated and energetic students a genuine challenge for academic accomplishment and for development of a sense of self-worth and of personal responsibility.
- The School in turn holds itself responsible for providing that challenge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||2221 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||178 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1375 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1206 students
7455 Awty School Ln
Houston, TX 77055
2203 N. Westgreen Blvd
Katy, TX 77449
HoustonGrades: K-12 | 357 students
12207 Whittington Dr
Houston, TX 77077
HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 855 students
2300 Willowick Rd
Houston, TX 77027
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.