- St. Raymond Academy, founded in 1960, is a small Catholic High School for young women.
- It offers a strong college preparatory program along with business electives.
- The Academy is committed to guiding students to an appreciation of learning that will enable them not only to realize their God-given potential, but also prepare them to make their unique contribution to society. Accredited by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York, and also by Middle States.
- We value an education that fosters the pursuit of truth and broadens our students' horizons. We encourage them to accept and respect the diversities among peoples, to live in harmony with others, and to seek peaceful resolutions to conflicts.
- We strive to foster in our students a pride in their womanhood, and seek to provide them with the tools necessary to develop into capable, self-confident adults.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP ENGLISH LITERATURE & COMPOSITION, AP SPANISH LANGUAGE, AP SPANISH LITERATURE, AP US HISTORY,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Students must adhere to dress code as per student handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Schaller|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Drill Team, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Dance, Drill Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Fashion Design, Liturgical Choir, National Honor Society; Student Council; Sacrament Preparation; Prom Committee; Yearbook Committee; College Mentoring; College and Career Day; International Day; Girl Power; Leadership Team; Life Teen; Project Cicero Book Drive; Book Club; Liturgical Chor, School Band, Step Team, Step Team Book Club, Fashion Design, School Band, Step Team, Step Team, Liturgical Choir,
National Honor Society; Student Council; Sacrament Preparation; Prom Committee; Yearbook Committee; College Mentoring; College and Career Day; International Day; Girl Power; Leadership Team; Life Teen; Project Cicero Book Drive; Book Club; Liturgical Chor,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 569 students
2780 Schurz Ave
Bronx, NY 10465
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 696 students
2250 Williamsbridge Rd
Bronx, NY 10469
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 362 students
330 Bedford Park Blvd
Bronx, NY 10458
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 613 students
685 E 182nd St
Bronx, NY 10457
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 1452 students
1 Cardinal Spellman Place
Bronx, NY 10466
I really want to go to this school but I don't have enough money
- Posted by Student/Alumni - chich
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.