Grades: PK-K | 45 students
- Sunflower Montessori provides an education based on the philosophy of Maria Montessori for children from age 3 months through the eighth grade.
- Starting from our original school in 1985, we have grown to 25 classrooms at 3 locations.
- Although we are large for a Montessori school, our classrooms are structured much the same way as single room schools that employ the Montessori Method.
- Montessori on the Lake school includes an Infant Center, Toddler/Two’s, Children's House (Preschool), Kindergarten, Elementary, and Middle School programs.
- Our staff believes much work needs to be done in the Montessori community to attain the goals envisioned by Maria Montessori.
- Her vision believed that World Peace begins with education and to reach that goal we must provide a respectful and nurturing environment for all children of the world to grow into effective and forward thinking citizens of the world.
- We take great pride in monitoring the progress of our students after they leave our school.
- We are glad to have been a part of their cosmic curriculum.
- Until the advent of Charter schools, the educational establishment was skeptical of the Montessori method of education.
- Despite this, Montessori is steadily gaining in popularity.
- The nation is experiencing a Montessori Renaissance, and with good reason.
- Montessori education works in practice because it is founded in sound educational philosophy.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IrvineGrades: PK-8 | 266 students
26 Lake Road
Irvine, CA 92604
IrvineGrades: PK-3 | 121 students
4552 Sandburg Way
Irvine, CA 92612
Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-12 | 10 students
28062 Forbes Rd, Ste B
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
OrangeGrades: K-12 | 15 students
681 S. Rancho Santiago
Orange, CA 92869
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.