- Waldorf schools offer a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education.
- They integrate the arts and academics for children from preschool through the grades.
- The aim of the education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities. Tamarack Waldorf School is a private Waldorf school established in 1996 as an urban school embracing diversity.
- We offer a complete curriculum for students from pre-school and kindergarten through eleventh grade.
- Tamarack welcomes students and families of all races, religions and cultures to join us.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-11|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,100|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available through the school's tuition reduction program, or through the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Stokes|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
- Please contact the school to receive an information packet or to schedule a tour. Applicants to K5 to Grade 11 must submit a recent report card along with the application. Private pay applications can be submitted beginning in January for the following school year. Applications to the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (state voucher) can be submitted beginning in March for the following school year.
Profile last updated: 10/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: K-8 | 469 students
3027 N Fratney St
Milwaukee, WI 53212
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 155 students
2461 N Murray Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53211
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 590 students
Po Box 090095
Milwaukee, WI 53209
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 75 students
3201 S 51st St
Milwaukee, WI 53219
LannonGrades: K-8 | 108 students
20813 W Forest View Dr
Lannon, WI 53046
Our children are so very happy at Tamarack Waldorf School! We have children in kindergarten and the grades and they are all happy as clams. The teachers of Tamarack are filled with love, the curriculum is filled with art, music, and age-appropriate (challenging!) academics, and the halls are filled with happy, engaged and engaging children of all races and creeds. It is a wonderful school doing wonderful things. It really is an astonishing place.
- Posted by Parent - katek
I attended a community event when my child was just an infant, and knew then that Tamarack was THE school to send my children. Now 8 years later I am just as in love with the school and the complete education unavailable at any other school in south-east WI. Waldorf is making headlines because it works!! It is the only experiential education, where children form their knowledge in doing. Beyond the Waldorf philosophies, the education at Tamarack Waldorf School intigrates music, art, handwork (knitting, crochet, etc), woodworking, movement, dance, foreign language. Attend an open house event and fall in love with this amazing school.
- Posted by Parent - bella