Grades: K-8 | 88 students
The Academy restricts class size to twelve K-5 and fifteen 6-8. Students benefit from our small class sizes and our expert teachers.
All students at The Academy receive instruction from specialist teachers in Science, Art, Art History, French, Latin, Music, and Physical Education. Students K-5 stay with their homeroom teacher for Language Arts, Math, and Social Studies, while students 6-8 have a specialist teacher for each subject.
- The Academy is a private, co-educational school for students in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The school offers a traditional and accelerated academic program, rich in the arts and music, for motivated and eager learners.
- The Academy promotes academic excellence, creativity and self-expression.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||88 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,100|
|Admissions Director||Emma Perry|
|Admissions Associate||Amanda Kirkhart|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Extended Day, Piano Lessons Chorus, Extended Day, Piano Lessons,|
- Uncommon Excellence of Thought and Character in a Vibrant School Community
- The Academy's mission is to develop thoughtful, ambitious and deep learners. We honor each student's individuality, develop their sense of personal responsibility, respect for others, integrity and commitment to service and citizenship in a global society.
- We are a small, independent K-8 school with a 45-year legacy of providing our students with a rich and rigorous curriculum in a fun and nurturing environment. Each class K-5 has no more than twelve students, and each class 6-8 has no more than fifteen. We believe that our small class sizes best allow our experienced and passionate teachers to engage all of our students in thoughtful exploration and discussion of foundational concepts across subjects and grade levels.
- Our traditional approach to education, which includes immersive French instruction K-8 and Latin instruction 6-8, is complemented by our commitment to fostering social-emotional intelligence in our students, and instilling within each student a capacity for global awareness. Students leave The Academy not only exceptionally well-prepared for the next phase of their studies, but also well-equipped to understand and address challenges on local and global scales.
- SCHEDULE A TOUR: We offers tours weekday mornings, by appointment.To schedule a tour, please email email@example.com, call our office at (510) 549-0605, or use the form provided on our website.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BerkeleyGrades: K-8 | 304 students
2027 7th Street
Berkeley, CA 94710
BerkeleyGrades: K-6 | 83 students
2446 Mckinley Ave
Berkeley, CA 94703
AlamedaGrades: PK-5 | 125 students
1421 High Street
Alameda, CA 94501
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.