- We believe that students are encouraged to be responsible for their own learning in a challenging, supportive environment.
- We encourage a commitment to life-long learning.
- The learning experiences build confidence, independence and interpersonal skills.
- Student learning inspires the students to use their strengths in a responsible way to contribute to the invention of the future.
- Evergreen's curriculum is designed to nurture childrens' advancement through the progressive stages of social and intellectual development.
- Students are presented with a wide variety of experiences and materials.
- They are encouraged to develop confidence and skill in all areas, to find challenges, and to test their talents in new and original ways.
- As they mature, students are expected to take increasing responsibility for their learning.
- Committed to the development of the whole child, Evergreen teachers also provide opportunities for the growth of positive self-concept and awareness of self and personal values.
- The school community has a family atmosphere which is expressed in close relationships between teachers and students.
- By balancing a program of strong personal development with an expanding focus on the world, Evergreen fosters an appreciation of individual and cultural.
- An Evergreen education prepares students to make a positive impact on the future.
- Students are expected to pursue excellence, both academically and personally, and to show concern and respect for others in the world in which they live.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||451 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,900|
|Tuition Notes||The following tuition and fees are for the 2013-2014 school year. Preschool $10,400 Primary & Intermediate (PK – Grade 5) $20,900 Middle School (Grades 6-7) $22,200 Middle School (Grade 8) $23,200* *Includes $1,000 for the eighth grade global studi|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eric Barber|
|Admissions Associate||Julia Selfridge|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-School Program, chess, math team chess, math team, After-School Program,
- 95th percentile and above on required IQ tests Standardized tests Previous behavioral records Demonstrated academic excellence Recommendations
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 836 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
SeattleGrades: K-8 | 356 students
2619 4th Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Mercer IslandGrades: K-12 | 225 students
9655 SE 36th Street, #101
Mercer Island, WA 98040
SeattleGrades: NS-8 | 184 students
1501 10th Avenue E Ste 100
Seattle, WA 98102
SeattleGrades: PK-12 | 192 students
2400 NE 147th Street
Seattle, WA 98155