Grades: 3-12 | 91 students
- Gifford is an evolving school community committed to providing its students and faculty with an environment that encourages and nourishes individuality, diversity, and personal and professional growth.
- Gifford is a private, nonprofit coeducational day school providing a specialized educational and clinical program for students who face a variety of learning, behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
- Gifford serves over 100 students ranging from eight year olds to high school seniors.
- Students come from over 60 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
- Guided by a devoted staff of educators and clinicians, in partnership with the students' families, The Gifford School strives to help students achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
- Gifford is licensed as an approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WalthamGrades: 2-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
East WalpoleGrades: 3-12 | 74 students
300 Boston Providence Tpke
East Walpole, MA 02032
BelmontGrades: 2-12 | 29 students
115 Mill St
Belmont, MA 02478
HanoverGrades: UG | 118 students
405 Washington St
Hanover, MA 02339
West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 230 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
I was at the Gifford shool from 1981 to 1982 and had a great experience there. I can't thank the staff enough for their dedication and proffessionalism and most of all their patience with me. I encourage anyone on the staff new or old to join the Gifford Alumni Facebook page and see some great memories from the past and some old friends. Once again thank you for everything and if I had to do it agian I would in a minute.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bills
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.