Grades: 3-12 | 91 students
- Gifford is an evolving school community committed to providing its students and faculty with an environment that encourages and nourishes individuality, diversity, and personal and professional growth.
- Gifford is a private, nonprofit coeducational day school providing a specialized educational and clinical program for students who face a variety of learning, behavioral and/or emotional challenges.
- Gifford serves over 100 students ranging from eight year olds to high school seniors.
- Students come from over 60 cities and towns throughout Massachusetts.
- Guided by a devoted staff of educators and clinicians, in partnership with the students' families, The Gifford School strives to help students achieve their full potential, both academically and socially.
- Gifford is licensed as an approved program by the Massachusetts Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WalthamGrades: 2-12 | 80 students
410 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
BelmontGrades: 2-12 | 29 students
115 Mill St
Belmont, MA 02478
East WalpoleGrades: 3-12 | 74 students
300 Boston Providence Tpke
East Walpole, MA 02032
HanoverGrades: UG | 118 students
405 Washington St
Hanover, MA 02339
West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 230 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
I was at the Gifford shool from 1981 to 1982 and had a great experience there. I can't thank the staff enough for their dedication and proffessionalism and most of all their patience with me. I encourage anyone on the staff new or old to join the Gifford Alumni Facebook page and see some great memories from the past and some old friends. Once again thank you for everything and if I had to do it agian I would in a minute.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bills
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.