Grades: K-8 | 169 students
- The Gooden School offers a firm educational foundation, using both traditional and progressive approaches.
- Our nurturing community allows students opportunities to grow in body, mind and spirit, to gain confidence and to discover their unique gifts.
- We value diversity and promote character development and responsibility within a framework of Episcopal values.
- We foster a life-long commitment to learning, to compassion and to service by emphasizing respect for self, respect for others, and respect for the world.
- At Gooden, we believe that all students possess gifts which are manifested in many ways throughout their years at Gooden.
- These gifts may be discovered or enhanced through academic excellence, musical, artistic or dramatic ability or through sports endeavors.
- It is a primary objective of faculty and staff to provide avenues that will allow all students to discover their gifts - those personal traits that make each member of our school community unique.
- Also, we believe in the education of the whole child by providing a rich, balanced program that allows for a variety of learning styles.
- A learning environment that is varied and creative involves all students and invites them to participate actively, learning to relate their classroom experiences to their personal lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed The Gooden School also viewed these schools: Ss Felicitas & Perpetua School, Bethany Christian School, St. Rita School, Holy Angels School and Immaculate Conception Annunciation Catholic School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San MarinoGrades: K-8 | 258 students
2955 Huntington Dr
San Marino, CA 91108
Sierra MadreGrades: NS-8 | 160 students
93 N Baldwin Ave, Suite B
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
Sierra MadreGrades: PK-8 | 322 students
322 N Baldwin Ave
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
ArcadiaGrades: PK-8 | 300 students
360 Campus Dr
Arcadia, CA 91007
MonroviaGrades: KG-8 | 169 students
2701 Peck Rd
Monrovia, CA 91016
We are in our fifth year at Gooden now and couldn't be happier that our boys are part of this tight-knit community in Sierra Madre. The children at Gooden are surrounded by amazing teachers and staff providing a well-rounded education that prepares them for the best high schools in the Pasadena area. Students receive individualized guidance owing to the small class sizes. Music, art, PE, technology, Spanish, and Latin (5-8) are exceptional. Parent volunteering is not required, but believe me you'll want to spend time there contributing knowing that your children are part of something truly special and that you are giving them something that will be with them the rest of their lives.
- Posted by Parent - rhofe
My two children have been attending The Gooden School for seven years. The Gooden is best at teaching character traits such as care and empathy. Love the school. Love the teachers. My kids are doing well. The school provides a nurturing environment that has a great music, art and physical education program as well. Kids who graduate from the Gooden are well rounded and obtain a balanced education. Focus is on the individual as a person first.
- Posted by Parent - lorri
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.