- Music, dance, theater, TV production, and robotics are among the many opportunities available to students at The Harvey School, located on a wooded, 125-acre campus in Katonah, NY. The coeducational college preparatory school, which enrolls students in grades 6 through 12, places emphasis on providing students the opportunities to explore new areas of interest and find their passions.
- The state-of-the-art Walker Center for the Arts includes a 3,320-square-foot theater, which seats 250 people; a gallery space on the first floor; a large dance studio; and multiple practice rooms and art rooms.
- Small class size (averaging 10 students) encourages academic achievement and personal growth in an environment that is both warm and supportive.
- Students can be challenged by 12 Advanced Placement courses, in addition to the academically rigorous art, drama, music and creative writing programs available at the school. Three internet-accessible labs and the integration of computer technology in almost every course are also provided.
- The school's competitive interscholastic athletic program includes football, soccer, volleyball, cross-country, ice hockey, basketball, lacrosse, rugby, baseball, softball and tennis.
- The athletic facilities include football and soccer fields, the state-of-the art athletic center, the new outdoor six-court tennis center, along with newly constructed baseball and softball diamonds
- The school offers an optional five-day residential program for students in grades 9 through 12.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||355 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||William Porter|
|Endowment Size||4 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Dobbs FerryGrades: 5-12 | 658 students
49 Clinton Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
Yorktown HeightsGrades: 6-12 | 68 students
370 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
Harvey is an incredible school! Students are able to dabble in a variety of activities from sports to the arts, an interesting array of course offerings and the attention of a very talented and devoted teaching and administrative staff. Parents are active and involved and the school has a number of family programs throughout the year. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of Harvey is the ability of a student to be both a "jock" and a "theater kid" and be accepted on all levels.
- Posted by Parent - grods