Grades: K-8 | 66 students
- The Laurel School serves students with learning differences and students who benefit from a small class size.
- In a community that nurtures mutual respect and compassion, we cultivate the academic potential of each child through multimodal, differentiated instruction.
- By teaching learning strategies, self advocacy skills, and social competence, The Laurel School prepares students for the next level of education.
- We believe that the key to academic, social and emotional growth is to recognize the whole child: who they are and how they learn.
- Our teachers develop specific strategies for learning and personal achievement by zeroing in on each child's unique abilities and learning style.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild/ Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,685|
|Tuition Notes||$225 extra fee for year|
|% on Financial Aid||
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
San MateoGrades: NS-8 | 305 students
16 Baldwin Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.