Grades: NS-8 | 251 students
- Turtle River Montessori School's mission is to provide a learning environment which is wholly nurturing and respectful to the child; one in which children are valued individually and are free to learn independently at their own pace.
- Our Montessori Program invites children to develop a love of learning for a lifetime, and our goal is to create opportunities that encourage learning on many different levels, with the help of hundreds of specially designed three-dimensional, hands-on lessons that engage the children in a fun way.
- These concrete lessons set the stage for successful learning of abstract concepts at older ages, and ideally prepare students for the independent and collaborative work which allows them to master advanced topics. We promote a peace curriculum that teaches the children conflict resolution with their peers and fosters an environment of acceptance and understanding.
- A child who has experienced a true Montessori environment is well-rounded, adept at conducting himself in his community of peers, and intellectually advanced due to exposure to varied concepts that foster intellectual and academic growth.
- Parents searching for the most optimal learning experience for their children - for the fullest growth and development possible, for the highest opportunities available for encouraging a lifelong, positive learning relationship resulting in a happy and successful individual - choose Turtle River Montessori.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Polo shirt, khaki or navy bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Lainey Azarian|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Soccer, TennisDance, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cooking, Dance, Drama, Foreign Language, Golf, Kids' Fit Club, Music, Odyssey of the Mind, Piano, Service Activities, Soccer, Tennis Cooking, Dance, Drama, Golf, Kids' Fit Club, Music, Piano, Soccer, Tennis, Foreign Language,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- Turtle River Montessori School strives to provide a Montessori education in the "purest" sense - fully encompassing the spirit and ideology Dr. Maria Montessori developed almost 100 years ago. The school was developed out of a need for a learning center in the Jupiter area that more richly offered parents the very best Montessori environment possible for early learning at age 2 through 8th grade.
- Parents searching for the most optimal learning experience for their children, for the fullest growth and development possible, for the highest opportunities available for encouraging a lifelong, positive learning relationship resulting in a happy and successful individual choose Turtle River Montessori.
- Turtle River Montessori is situated in a 9,000 sq foot facility encompassing classrooms, administrative offices, outdoor play space and gardens, all securely maintained and professionally designed for an optimal Montessori experience. As we walk with you down the hall past the classrooms, you'll be struck by the gentle hum of happy children. Your attention will be captured by the sight of students engaged in meaningful activities, and you'll be fascinated, as most parents are, by children working purposefully and independently at the many centers provided in each room.
- The school's hallmark is our warm and welcoming environment, embracing the community of families who choose to participate in the opportunities for learning, commitment and involvement.
- We provide nurturing, child-centered settings for children 2 years through fifteen years of age. While we focus on helping children master language, math, and sensorial experience at age-appropriate levels, we simultaneously nurture the development of conscious, caring, and compassionate human beings through an active service program.
- At Turtle River, we rejoice in the basic tenet of Montessori: that children want to learn naturally. We believe that even the youngest child delights in seeing—and mastering—how the world works. So our teachers respect each child's individual interests and abilities. Free to follow their own inner dictates, children acquire an ability to learn which is virtually unlimited; free to explore in prepared environments, they develop a sense of purpose, process, completion—and success.
- We offer rich and varied environments—from individual activity tables to open floor areas that promote group interaction; from quiet areas for independent interests to the natural abundance of our own glorious "backyards". Each of these environments invites exploration, and in total, fully meets the developmental needs of children.
- Children "work" with authentic Montessori materials including a wide range of high-quality, age-appropriate materials. All of our materials are designed to be self-teaching: our children learn to solve problems, see natural connections in knowledge, learn skills related to practical living, and therefore, expand their imaginative thinking.
- Operating on the principle of freedom within limits, Turtle River inspires children to work at their own pace, alone or with others. Our teachers encourage the growth of self-motivated, independent children by balancing active, self-directed learning with small group collaboration and peer teaching. Classes comprise a range of ages and abilities. Older, more experienced children take on the role of peer mentors, reinforcing their own skills and experiencing the responsibilities of leadership through helping others. Younger children, in turn, enjoy the daily stimulation of older role models, while children of all ages learn to respect each other in a warm atmosphere of acceptance and joy.
- Thank you for your interest and we hope you will visit with us soon!
Profile last updated: 02/25/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JupiterGrades: PK-K | 25 students
700 S Orange Ave
Jupiter, FL 33458
JupiterGrades: NS-6 | 127 students
402 Seabrook Road
Jupiter, FL 33469
125 S Pennock Lane
Jupiter, FL 33458
Palm Beach GardensGrades: PK-8 | 476 students
3395 Burns Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
JupiterGrades: PK-8 | 492 students
1759 Indian Creek Parkway
Jupiter, FL 33458
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.