Grades: PK-8 | 215 students
- Centrally located in the Bellaire area of Houston, Veritas Christian Academy serves students from three years old through the eighth grade.
- Rooted in our Christian faith and grounded in the love of learning itself, Veritas offers a challenging, well rounded, liberal arts program of study that nurtures the growth of every academic discipline.
- Small class sizes allow our students to learn at an accelerated pace.
- Our primary objective is to enable each student to reach their full potential in Christ.
- Veritas serves as an extension of the Christian home, actively seeking to involve parents in every phase of the student's development.
- We believe and teach that children must learn how to live before they are asked to make a living, and seek to build character before they strive to build a career.
- In this aim we will shape lives that will shape the future.
- To accomplish our task, we seek students who are eager to learn and willing to work; parents who are partners in our task; and educators who are lifelong learners, called and gifted to teach, prepared to match precept with example.
- Veritas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit our website for more information regarding tuition and fees. Payment plans are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Zachary Villafuerte|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Dance, Flute Lessons, Marital Arts, Piano Lessons Chess, Dance, Flute Lessons, Marital Arts, Piano Lessons,|
- Open House dates are available on our website. Feel free to call the office anytime and schedule a personal tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellaireGrades: K-12 | 458 students
4600 Bissonnet St
Bellaire, TX 77401
HoustonGrades: NS-8 | 837 students
335 Piney Point Road
Houston, TX 77024
HoustonGrades: NS-8 | 130 students
1424 Sherwood Forest Street
Houston, TX 77043
HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 128 students
1920 N Braeswood Blvd
Houston, TX 77030
HoustonGrades: PK-8 | 476 students
1833 Sage Rd
Houston, TX 77056
Nestled in a lovely Bellaire neighborhood, Veritas has two kinds of families: those wanting rigorous academics who''d rather not sacrifice their Christian worldview, and those wanting a nurturing faith environment who end up delighted by how much kids learn. Taught using a classical model, our girls are mastering content in math, science, art, history, language. From the early memory work through middle school logic, our 7th grader already seems prepared for high school, (including sports.) Art, integrated with history, is a favorite with our 1st and 4th grader. No school is perfect, but my kids are loyal Rams.
- Posted by Parent - a_fai
We transferred to Veritas from another private school in the area, and we wish we had moved sooner. Veritas is the best combination of challenging academics and Christian foundation in the Houston area. The teachers are great! We love having a stellar fine arts program as well. Sports are continuing to grow and expand. We are a school on the grow!
- Posted by Parent - Lnybn
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.