Let Canterbury School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Please call to schedule a tour 336-288-2007. Admission ChecklistPreK Applicants:o Complete the application form on line or mail it in with the $45 application fee.
- As a general rule, students admitted to PreK have reached the age of four by August 31 in the year in which they would like to attend.
- o PreK children must be able to use the restroom independently by the start of school.o Families are strongly encouraged to attend an Open House or schedule a tour with the admission office.o Preschool teacher and parent information forms will be mailed in January. o Spaces will be offered in late February.Kindergarten Applicants:o Complete the online application form or mail it with the $45 application fee.
- As a general rule, students admitted to kindergarten have reached the age of five by August 31 in the year in which they would like to attend.
- o Give the Teacher Evaluation form to your child’s preschool teacher.
- The form will be mailed to you in January.o Bring your child for his or her observation in early February. Instructions and your child’s observation time will be mailed to you in January.
- o Families are strongly encouraged to attend an Open House and/or schedule a visit and tour with the admission office.o Spaces will be offered in mid- February.1st – 8th Grade Applicants:o Complete the application form online or mail it to Canterbury with the $45 application fee. o Give the Teacher Evaluation form to your child’s current teacher.
- Children applying for 6th-8th grades are asked to provide two teacher evaluations – one from a math teacher and one from a language arts teacher.
- The form can be accessed from the admission section of our website or requested from the Admission office.o Provide Canterbury a copy of all previous educational records.
- Please include report cards and standardized testing scores.o Make arrangements with the Admission office for your child’s classroom visit.
- As a general rule, classroom visits begin in late January.Canterbury seeks to attract a variety of students who will be successful in our program, whose families support the school’s mission and philosophy, and whose enrollment will enable Canterbury to reflect the social, economic, racial, cultural, and religious mix of the greater Greensboro community.