Let Hillside Christian School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Hillside Christian School (formerly Iowa City Bible Fellowship Day School) has served families since 1981.
- Our primary goal is to assist parents in the responsibility of educating their children according to Biblical principles.
- This is accomplished through a Christ-centered curriculum taught by mature Christian educators.
- An environment is created in which students may excel socially, morally and academically.
- Our 'one-room schoolhouse' approach to education allows individual needs to be met, whether remedial or accelerated, without labeling children.
- A family atmosphere encourages students of all ages to work, play and pray together. Hillside Christian School is a board run school and gives parents many opportunities to participate, to interact regularly with teachers and to be an important part of the school family.
- Hillside Christian School employs a variety of learning experiences for our students.
- Text books by Christian publishers are supplemented with "hands on" opportunities to create and experiment.
- Field trips and a variety of guest speakers enrich studies. Holiday programs and regular memory assignments allow students to build confidence and present their accomplishments.
- While an emphasis on the 'three R's', science and Bible study is maintained, talented Christian volunteers may teach music, art, and other enrichment subjects.
- The Iowa Test of Basic Skills is administered each year for grades 1-8. Building children's character and faith take priority at Hillside Christian School.
- This occurs both inside and outside the classroom. While students work hard in class, they are given ample opportunity to play outdoors in our 'wide open spaces'.
- Playground facilities, supervised games and free time allow students to relax and enjoy childhood, not be hurried through it.
- During the school year students may participate in community outreach projects. Whether delivering Valentines at a nursing home, picking up trash in a park, or singing patriotic songs to veterans, serving Christ is the focus.
- We welcome visitors. Hillside Christian School is located at 1250 Twelfth Avenue in Coralville, Iowa.
- The school year generally runs between Labor Day and Memorial Day.
- Guests are encouraged to phone the school to arrange a time to visit, tour the facilities and have their questions answered.
- A Kindergarten Round-up is held each spring for children who will be five years old by September 15.
- Summer applicants may call the school at 319 339-0998 and leave a message.