Let St. Dominic High School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Freshmen entering St. Dominic High School are encouraged to take the Catholic High School Entrance Examination which will be administered on Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. at St. Dominic High School as well as other Catholic high schools throughout the Diocese.
- A registration form for this examination may be obtained from our Admissions Office.
- To register for the exam: chsee.orgA make-up examination for students unable to take the regularly scheduled examination is scheduled for Saturday,November 5, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. This make-up examination will be administered at only two locations: In Nassau County at Chaminade High School (Mineola) and in Suffolk County at St. Anthony's High School (South Huntington) Students desiring admission to St. Dominic should enter the St. Dominic code number which is 697, on the examination answer sheet.
- Transfer Admission:There is no entrance examination for students entering St. Dominic after the 9th grade.
- However, each transfer applicant is required to have a School Report for Transfer Student form submitted by the principal, school head or guidance counselor of the school the student is transferring from.
- The form can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office and must be submitted prior to the commencement of the evaluation process.
- Transfer students are evaluated for admission on the basis of their academic record in their current school; these evaluations generally begin in the spring, after the end of the third quarter.
- Although they are not required to have attained a particular average, transfer students are expected to have achieved satisfactorily in a college preparatory curriculum.
- They also should be on grade level in all subject areas.