Let St Monica School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- School Tours & Open Houses: Small group tours for prospective parents are offered on Tuesday mornings from 10:15 a.m. â€“ 11:00 a.m. To make an appointment, please call the school office and speak to Mrs. Dillon, our school secretary, at (415) 751-9564.
- Families are welcome and encouraged to attend our Community Open House on Sunday, November 9th 2008 from 11:30 a.m. â€“ 1:30 p.m. Please check our website for family and community events during the 2008 - 2009 school year.
- Eligibility for Enrollment: At St. Monica School, the development or behavioral age of the child is a strong factor in considering acceptance.
- The developmental age is an assessment at which the child is functioning as a total person: emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially.
- Intellectual development and/or chronological age are not necessarily guarantees of academic readiness.
- The prospective student must be able to understand and speak English proficiently.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years of age by December 1st in order to be eligible for entrance into the St. Monica School Kindergarten class.
- It is advisable that children have pre-school experience before attending Kindergarten. After an application has been submitted, appointments for the Kindergarten Readiness Assessment will be scheduled, first held on a Saturday morning in January/February.
- The preferred application deadline is January 31st. Incoming 1st through 8th Grades: Transfer students are welcome at any time.
- A child will be accepted into St. Monica if he or she is assessed as being able to perform academically at grade level.
- In order for this judgment to be fairly made, a full day classroom visitation and testing for the prospective student is provided at every grade level.
- We may not be able to accommodate students applying for Grades 1st through 8th if the student's previous school indicates that there have been continuing problems in the areas of self-control and/or study habits.
- Acceptance priorities: 1. Child is a sibling of an enrollment student 2.
- Child is Catholic and parents live within the St. Monica Parish boundaries 3.
- Child is a Catholic and parents do not live within the St. Monica Parish boundaries 4. Child is not Catholic Families of all faiths are welcome.