St Monica School
- St. Monica School is a Co-ed Catholic Elementary school that serves students from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Founded in 1919 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, St. Monica School is also currently a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange Education Network.
- The administration, faculty, and staff of St. Monica School cooperate with our parent community to provide a loving, Christ centered environment where each student is nurtured and given the opportunity to thrive.
- Our academic curriculum is challenging. We pride ourselves in producing graduates who are well prepared to excel in the high school of their choice.
- Offered both within our curriculum and as extra-curricular activities, we offer an active athletic program, a focus on science, technology use that is integrated into the classroom curriculum, and participation in the fine arts and music.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||204 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,320|
|Tuition Notes||Our three family rates are Catholic In-Parish, Catholic Out of Parish, and Non-Catholic|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Vincent M. Sweeters|
|Admissions Associate||Donna Dillon|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Chinese Language Program, Creative Writing Club, Dance & Aerobics, Ecology Club, Group Guitar Lessons, Group Piano Lessons, Media Club, Peer Tutoring, Science Adventures Club, Service Club, Student Choir, Student Council, Yearbook Club Book Club, Ecology Club, Media Club, Peer Tutoring, Service Club, Student Choir, Yearbook Club, Chinese Language Program,
Creative Writing Club,
Dance & Aerobics,
Group Guitar Lessons,
Group Piano Lessons,
Science Adventures Club,
- Class Sizes: The average size for our classes is between 20 - 25 students. Standardized Test Scores: Averaged by class, our students' ITBS Scores (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) are consistently within the 75th - 85th percentile range. 50% is the national norm. We follow the test taking philosophy of the San Francisco Archdiocese Department of Catholic Schools, which is to administer standardized testing in September so that the results can be used as a diagnostic tool for planning the remainder of the year's curriculum. Graduates: Our graduates attend the best college preparatory high schools in San Francisco, including St. Ignatius, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Archbishop Riordan, Mercy, and Lowell. Extra-Curricular Activities: We offer a variety of activities, which are moderated by members of our faculty and are free for student participation, including the Student Council, Student Choir, Altar Service, Yearbook Club, School Newspaper, Peer Tutoring, Media Club, and the Junior High Service Club. For an additional cost, students are invited to participate in the CYO Sports program (three sports each for the girls and boys of grades 3-8), our After School Chinese Language Program, Group Musical Instrument Instruction (guitar and piano), Dance, and the Science Adventures After School Club. Facilities: Classrooms for K-8, Library, Gymnasium, Art Room, Science Room, Music Classroom, Piano Room, Computer Lab, Counseling Center, and Extended Care Facility.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 506 students
200 Sloat Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94132
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 618 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?