St. Monica School
Tel: (415) 875-1956
St. Monica School is a Co-ed Catholic Elementary school that serves students from Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Founded in 1919 by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, St. Monica School is also currently a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange Education Network.
The administration, faculty, and staff of St. Monica School cooperate with our parent community to provide a loving, Christ centered environment where each student is nurtured and given the opportunity to thrive.
Our academic curriculum is challenging. We pride ourselves in producing graduates who are well prepared to excel in the high school of their choice.
Offered both within our curriculum and as extra-curricular activities, we offer an active athletic program, a focus on science, technology use that is integrated into the classroom curriculum, and participation in the fine arts and music.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,320|
|Tuition Notes||Our three family rates are Catholic In-Parish, Catholic Out of Parish, and Non-Catholic|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Vincent M. Sweeters|
|Admissions Associate||Donna Dillon|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Chinese Language Program, Creative Writing Club, Dance & Aerobics, Ecology Club, Group Guitar Lessons, Group Piano Lessons, Media Club, Peer Tutoring, Science Adventures Club, Service Club, Student Choir, Student Council, Yearbook Club|
- Class Sizes: The average size for our classes is between 20 - 25 students. Standardized Test Scores: Averaged by class, our students' ITBS Scores (Iowa Test of Basic Skills) are consistently within the 75th - 85th percentile range. 50% is the national norm. We follow the test taking philosophy of the San Francisco Archdiocese Department of Catholic Schools, which is to administer standardized testing in September so that the results can be used as a diagnostic tool for planning the remainder of the year's curriculum. Graduates: Our graduates attend the best college preparatory high schools in San Francisco, including St. Ignatius, Sacred Heart Cathedral, Archbishop Riordan, Mercy, and Lowell. Extra-Curricular Activities: We offer a variety of activities, which are moderated by members of our faculty and are free for student participation, including the Student Council, Student Choir, Altar Service, Yearbook Club, School Newspaper, Peer Tutoring, Media Club, and the Junior High Service Club. For an additional cost, students are invited to participate in the CYO Sports program (three sports each for the girls and boys of grades 3-8), our After School Chinese Language Program, Group Musical Instrument Instruction (guitar and piano), Dance, and the Science Adventures After School Club. Facilities: Classrooms for K-8, Library, Gymnasium, Art Room, Science Room, Music Classroom, Piano Room, Computer Lab, Counseling Center, and Extended Care Facility.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
(415) 421-5219 4.2 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 431 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415) 731-4077 1.8 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 313 students
940 Laguna Honda Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94127
(415) 731-2665 2.9 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 239 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 673-4523 3.3 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 601 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415) 731-8400 2.8 K-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.