- Kittredge is a small, fully accredited, independent private school for boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Established 60 years ago, Kittredge has a proven track record of academic success while fostering a real family atmosphere throughout the school.
- Toward this end, a strong emphasis is placed on communication between home and school.
- Kittredge School attributes its success to a dedicated faculty, small class size and supportive environment.
- In addition to the core academic program, the Kittredge curriculum is enriched with classes taught by specialists in several areas.
- Kittredge students integrate academics with their lives by engaging in various extracurricular activities provided by the school and by its active Parents Association.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
3839 Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 430 students
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
- San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 276 students
300 Gaven St
San Francisco, CA 94134
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 192 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 266 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.