Presidio Hill School
Tel: (415) 751-9318
Presidio Hill School Photo #3 - Lisa Jeli, Presidio Hill Head of School, meets with members of the Student Leadership Club at lunch.
Presidio Hill School Photo #4 - 7th grade students from Presidio Hill School began a partnership with Presidio Park Biologists studying Mountain Lake in 1999. . . and continuing today!
Presidio Hill School Photo #6 - Humanities classes in middle school - students study history, english/language arts, and important current events.
Presidio Hill School is an independent, progressive school serving 220 students enrolled in transitional kindergarten to 8th grade.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,728|
|Tuition Notes||PHS offers a flexible tuition program with tuition amounts ranging from $100 to $34,728|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,462|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Dees|
|Admissions Associate||Robyn Mandel|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Indoor Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Indoor Soccer, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, LGBTQ Alliance, MakerSpace, Orff Music program, Spanish Language Program, Students of Color
- Established in 1918, Presidio Hill School is the oldest continuously operating progressive school in California; we turned 100 during the 2017-2018 school year! In keeping with this heritage, Presidio Hill continues to offer its students a challenging, project-based curriculum that prepares them for the future by attending to their developmental needs and by equipping them with tools and skills to be agents of social change. Guided by a skilled and caring faculty, students learn to be confident and curious, to be creative problem solvers and independent, critical thinkers. Learning is collaborative and active.
- Our vibrant, diverse, and supportive community allows students to explore their unique voices, traits, and talents; our emphasis on the importance of community and justice encourages students to develop self-awareness, personal character, resilience, and an understanding of their role as stewards of the planet and citizens of the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 335 students
1555 Mariposa Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 861-8840 3.6 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 403 students
350 Masonic Ave
San Francisco, CA 94118
(415) 931-2422 0.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 567-6177 3.3 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.