St Cecilia School
- Saint Cecilia School, established in 1930, is a Roman Catholic, co-educational parish elementary school located in the Parkside neighborhood of San Francisco, California.
- St. Cecilia School purpose is to develop students who are active Christians, life-long learners, and responsible citizens.
- St. Cecilia School is a Catholic elementary school dedicated to the religious, academic, social, psychological, cultural, and physical development of each individual.
- St. Cecilia School is committed to providing instruction and opportunities in a Catholic community of faith which will lead the children to pray, to serve and respect others, and to make Christian choices.
- Parents, as primary educators, and teachers, as facilitators of learning, work together to provide a quality education that assists students in developing their unique capabilities and prepares them to become responsible citizens.
- Students develop intellectually by participating in age-appropriate and meaningful activities.
- As life-long learners, students develop the skills of effective communication and problem-solving to help them face the challenges of the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||606 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,155|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on participation in the parish and not participating in the parish.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
- To enter St. Cecilia School your child must be 5 by September 1.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)673-4523 4.7 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 178 students
321 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)647-8972 2.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 214 students
5950 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415)875-1956 2.8 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 435 students
600 Italy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)337-4030 2.7 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.