St. Cecilia School
- Saint Cecilia School, established in 1930, is a Roman Catholic, co-educational parish elementary school located in the Parkside neighborhood of San Francisco, California.
- St. Cecilia School purpose is to develop students who are active Christians, life-long learners, and responsible citizens.
- St. Cecilia School is a Catholic elementary school dedicated to the religious, academic, social, psychological, cultural, and physical development of each individual.
- St. Cecilia School is committed to providing instruction and opportunities in a Catholic community of faith which will lead the children to pray, to serve and respect others, and to make Christian choices.
- Parents, as primary educators, and teachers, as facilitators of learning, work together to provide a quality education that assists students in developing their unique capabilities and prepares them to become responsible citizens.
- Students develop intellectually by participating in age-appropriate and meaningful activities.
- As life-long learners, students develop the skills of effective communication and problem-solving to help them face the challenges of the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006|
|Total Students||618 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,155|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on participation in the parish and not participating in the parish.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
- To enter St. Cecilia School your child must be 5 by September 1.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 191 students
321 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 255 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-7 | 204 students
5950 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 494 students
2550 41st Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 153 students
495 9th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94118
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.