St James Catholic School
- St. James is a Catholic elementary school located in the Mission District of San Francisco.
- It is administered by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose in association with their lay partners.
- This school serves children of families of varied cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Empowered by Jesus and his teachings, we accept the responsibility to help develop the gifts and talents of students, parents, and staff alike.
- We challenge our students to recognize the importance of their role as future world leaders in light of the Gospel mandate to serve one another in love.
- As leaders of our faith community, the faculty strives to instill in our students a strong sense of Catholic/Christian values, moral responsibility, appropriate decision making skills and sense of self worth.
- We hope to empower students to reach their full potential by our efforts to develop the whole child, thus enabling the students to continually grow as positive, contributing members of the Church and society.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 606 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)731-8400 2.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 235 students
925 Chenery St
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415)584-8383 1.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 271 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415)824-8467 0.6 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 435 students
600 Italy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)337-4030 2.5 K-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.