St James Catholic School
- St. James is a Catholic elementary school located in the Mission District of San Francisco.
- It is administered by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose in association with their lay partners.
- This school serves children of families of varied cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Empowered by Jesus and his teachings, we accept the responsibility to help develop the gifts and talents of students, parents, and staff alike.
- We challenge our students to recognize the importance of their role as future world leaders in light of the Gospel mandate to serve one another in love.
- As leaders of our faith community, the faculty strives to instill in our students a strong sense of Catholic/Christian values, moral responsibility, appropriate decision making skills and sense of self worth.
- We hope to empower students to reach their full potential by our efforts to develop the whole child, thus enabling the students to continually grow as positive, contributing members of the Church and society.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 606 students
660 Vicente Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)731-8400 2.9 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 235 students
925 Chenery St
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415)584-8383 1.4 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 271 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415)824-8467 0.6 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 435 students
600 Italy Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
(415)337-4030 2.5 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.