St Philip School
Tel: (415) 824-8467
- St. Philip School is committed to being a child-centered, family sensitive school that consistently endeavors to address the unique spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs of our students.
- We strive to develop active Christian students through formal religious instruction and a prevailing spirit of respect and service.
- We feel that each child has the right to approach life with a sense of self-confidence and respect for others.
- We offer positive learning experiences which encourage each child to become a producer who thinks critically and creatively and solves problems effectively.
- Our rigorous academic program provides opportunities for students to show pride and responsibility for all course work.
- We strive to develop a respect for diversity and a pride in the children's cultural heritage.
- We affirm that parents are the primary educators of their children who work in partnership with the school in the development of the whole child.
- As a Catholic school, we empower our students and families to be dynamic agents of change in society by recognizing global issues and the importance of social justice.
- We try to show our students that they are connected to the worldwide human family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
1690 Church St
San Francisco, CA 94131
(415) 648-2055 0.7 NS-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 195 students
1387 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 567-6177 0.8 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 178 students
321 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 647-8972 0.6 K-8
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?