San Francisco High School of the Arts
San Francisco High School of the Arts is accredited by the WASC. We serve students from grades 6 to 12 who are passionate about the arts.
We offer a rigorous college-preparatory academic program in combination with pre-professional training in ballet, Chinese dance, visual arts, and music.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 6-12
- Yearly Tuition: $38,600
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Biology, AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Drawing, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Dec. 15 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Middle School (Grades 6-8): $28,800* /year (8:00am – 4:00pm)High School (Grades 9-12): $38,600* /year (8:00am – 4:00pm)
- HSA's Timeless Education Model: Future leaders and creative visionaries in the making
- The San Francisco High School of the Arts distinguishes its whole-child learning approach from other holistic models by featuring intensive arts training at the core. Rather than seeking short routes for speedy, superficial results, our students innovate by avoiding quick recipes of innovation. That is, we respect and observe the traditional virtues in solidly building artistic foundations, through diligent practice of each line that is drawn, each note that is played, and every movement made on stage.
- Our core values are:
- Respect, Responsibility, Honesty, Kindness, Empathy, Tolerance
- We promote what has endured the longest and best in traditional education: the refinement of an ethically mature self; the continuous sophistication of ones aesthetic standards; and the nurturing of a deep appreciation for the spirit behind traditional arts, through ones own mastery of the arts. In HSAs well-structured environment, our students explore their passions by actively participating in ballet, Chinese dance, music, and visual arts. The inherent pursuit for excellence in their studies as emerging young artists motivates students to develop the focus and perseverance necessary for achievement in the arts, in academics, and in life. We strongly believe that the harmonious integration of artistic training, academic study and character development will give rise to individuals who are able to make vital contributions to the world around them.
- Learn more
Profile last updated: 05/04/2021
Endorse San Francisco High School of the Arts. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.