San Francisco High School of the Arts
Tel: (415) 431-3161
San Francisco High School of the Arts is accredited by the WASC. We serve students from grades 6 to 12 who are passionate about the arts.
We offer a rigorous college-preparatory academic program in combination with pre-professional training in ballet, Chinese dance, visual arts, and music.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Admissions Director||Sherry Zhang|
- HSA's Timeless Education Model: Future leaders and creative visionaries in the making
- The San Francisco High School of the Arts distinguishes its whole-child learning approach from other holistic models by featuring intensive arts training at the core. Rather than seeking short routes for speedy, superficial results, our students innovate by avoiding quick recipes of innovation. That is, we respect and observe the traditional virtues in solidly building artistic foundations, through diligent practice of each line that is drawn, each note that is played, and every movement made on stage.
- Our core values are:
- Respect ? Responsibility ? Honesty ? Kindness ? Empathy ? Tolerance
- We promote what has endured the longest and best in traditional education: the refinement of an ethically mature self; the continuous sophistication of ones aesthetic standards; and the nurturing of a deep appreciation for the spirit behind traditional arts, through ones own mastery of the arts. In HSAs well-structured environment, our students explore their passions by actively participating in ballet, Chinese dance, music, and visual arts. The inherent pursuit for excellence in their studies as emerging young artists motivates students to develop the focus and perseverance necessary for achievement in the arts, in academics, and in life. We strongly believe that the harmonious integration of artistic training, academic study and character development will give rise to individuals who are able to make vital contributions to the world around them.
- Learn more
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 229 students
665 Elizabeth St
San Francisco, CA 94114
(415) 824-8467 1.6 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 257 students
2350 Green St
San Francisco, CA 94123
(415) 346-5505 1.9 K-8