Convent & Stuart Hall is an independent K-12 preparatory school in San Francisco rooted in the Sacred Heart tradition of Catholic education within a uniquely single-sex and coeducational environment.
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Convent & Stuart Hall ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Dress uniform and free dress days
Dress uniform and free dress days
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- Founded in the spirit of transformation and as a counterweight to the revolutionary upheaval of France in 1789, Schools of the Sacred Heart was established in 1800by Madeleine Sophie Barat with a mission to educate young women to effect broad-reaching social change. Providing education as a global imperative remains at the core of the school to this day.
- Schools of the Sacred Heart San Francisco was founded in 1887 and is one of more than 150Sacred Heart schools and colleges in 41countries around the world, each withits own educational model while embracing unifyingGoals and Criteria.
- Adopting tenets from the Sacred Heart network and making them specific to San Francisco, Convent & Stuart Hall engages a relevant foundational mission while looking ahead to ask what skills will be needed in the future. Located at the heart of the digital revolution, San Francisco provides a unique opportunity to discover how a centuries-old model remains boldly grounded and relevant.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Convent & Stuart Hall offer a summer program?
Yes, Convent & Stuart Hall offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Convent & Stuart Hall offer?
Convent & Stuart Hall offers 16 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling. Convent & Stuart Hall is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in California for most sports offered.
What is Convent & Stuart Hall's ranking?
Convent & Stuart Hall ranks among the top 20% of private schools in California for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Most sports offered, Oldest founding date and Largest endowments.
When is the application deadline for Convent & Stuart Hall?
The application deadline for Convent & Stuart Hall is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Convent & Stuart Hall. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.