My City School
My City School is an experience-based learning environment for middle school children for mild to moderate LD students who thrive in an environment that serves their kinesthetic, multi- sensory learning styles such as Dyslexia, ADHD, CAPD, Dysgraphia, 2E (Twice Exceptional), and Dyscalculia.
Our program delivers an individualized curriculum that teaches to and increases the capacity of each child's ability to learn.
My City School allows the child to find their contribution in the world by sparking their motivation and interests, by providing individualized learning techniques that yield significant, measurable growth, and by incorporating strong social-emotional learning throughout the program.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: 5-8
- Students: 11 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,000
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild to moderate Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, ADD, ADHD, 2E
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- My City School spends the first three weeks of school exploring children`s strongest intelligences and then creating activities that allow children to use those individual strengths to learn.Students learn to develop confidence in their capabilities at My City School.
- The foundation of personality is built on confidence and self-esteem. Feeling competent develops confidence which leads to developing positive self-esteem. When children feel competent they will be willing to explore their world which results in learning. At MCS, we help to strengthen this confidence that allows them to thrive.
- MCS offers up to five free workshops a year for the community, parents, educators etc. that teach additional ways to reach students and make learning easier. Sharing our program and skills with the community allows us to make a move towards changing education for those with Learning Differences, and furthering the belief that education should be made accessible to all.
Endorse My City School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.