Let The Crowden School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Spaces are currently available for the 2015-16 academic year. Admission to The Crowden School is based on musicianship, grades, teacher recommendations, and the child's entrance examination results.
- As a performance school, special attention is paid to each student's enthusiasm for the instrument played; to the necessary commitment required of a rigorous academic curriculum and full music program; and to parents' willingness to support and contribute to a community of young musicians.
- Beginning string players are admitted at the fourth and fifth grade levels.
- For beginners, aptitude and enthusiasm for music are more important than accomplishment.
- These traits can be demonstrated at the audition by playing any musical instrument or by singing.
- However, candidates for the piano program must have more advanced experience with sight-reading and chamber music.
- To learn more about The Crowden School or to schedule a tour of our music program, please contact our admissions coordinator, Lauren Eigenbrode, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.559.6910 ext. 122.
- We are happy to meet you and help you get to know Crowden!.