Let The Guild For Human Services know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- We carefully evaluate each referral for admission to determine if the program can meet the student’s need.
- To assist us in this process, we request that a referral packet of information for each prospective student be submitted to the Admissions office.
- The referral packet should contain the student’s most recent educational plan and academic and clinical evaluations.
- Our admissionsstaff will contact the referral source and schedule an observation at the student’s current placement following a review of these materials.
- If our is appropriate for the student, the Admissions staffwill schedule an Intake Evaluation and prepare a Pre-Intake Summary consisting of student profile reason for referral placement history applicant’s functional level target behaviors recreational or leisure interests During the Intake Evaluation, the potential student spends time with members of our intake team, who carefully assess the candidate in these areas: functional academics communication, employment skills, behavior management, andresidential skills, if applicable. Within a week of the Intake Evaluation, the team meets to discuss the suitability of the program for the applicant.
- Team members may request more information from parents, guardians or the referral source.
- In some cases, an additional visit may be scheduled for the candidate.
- Once a student is accepted, our Admissions staff contacts the parent or guardian to schedule a pre-enrollment meeting.
- At this time, the following documentation is needed: birth certificate, social security number, medical insurance information, guardianship (including any court-driven documentation), written doctor’s order for medical treatment, a list of current medications, required dosages, etc. Parents/guardians receive an Admissions Handbook and a list of team members who will work with their child.
- They also receive consent forms and other informational materials. If the student’s classroom and residence (when applicable) have been assigned, the families/guardians may have the opportunity to meet the teacher and residential manager.
- The Guild accepts referrals from funding agencies, school districts, parents, legal guardians and other interested parties.
- Official referrals must be in writing and can be sent directly to the Admissions office. Please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.