Let University School of Jackson know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Thank you for your interest in University School of Jackson... A campus visit is very helpful in determining if University School is the right place for you.
- We suggest that if you have not already visited our campus, call Kay Shearin at (731) 660-1692 to make an appointment for a school tour or email her at email@example.com. Students can apply online at www.usjbruins.org.
- Our admissions packet is online. You can request to have a packet mailed to you by contacting Kay Shearin at (731) 660-1692 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USJ has a $50 application fee. Admissions Office, University School of Jackson, 240 McClellan Road, Jackson, TN 38305 The packet also contains a "Request for Admissions Information" that should be sent to your previous school along with two Confidential Recommendation Forms* that need to be completed by the school administrator, current math or English teachers, or guidance counselor.
- *(Please note that only one recommendation form is required for Grades PreK-4.) Formal admissions testing will begin at the second grade.
- An appointment will be made for the student with the Admissions Office for testing in scholastic aptitude, scholastic achievement, and a writing sample.
- All families and students will have a personal interview with the Admissions Coordinator and/or Division Head. Admissions testing for Grades K-1 will be given based on need. The University School Admissions Committee will review the student's file information and determine the appropriate admissions status after it receives the following requested information: Application.
- Student's transcript, current report cards, standardized test scores, and reports of any psychological or educational testing.
- Confidential school recommendation forms. Testing and interview results. We will notify you of the status of your application as soon as possible.
- Depending on class size, time of application, and other factors, this process may take from two weeks to several months. If you are interested in applying for financial aid and have not requested information, please contact the Business or Admissions Office at (731) 664-0812 or (731) 660-1692.