- Alexander Montessori School offers its programs at four distinctive locations Preschool at the Red Road Campus across from the University of Miami; Toddler and Preschool at the Old Cutler Road Campus, designed from the ground up as a model of Dr. Montessori's vision of the Children's House environment; Toddler and Preschool at the Palmetto Bay Campus across from the Palmetto Bay Village Center; and Elementary at the six-acre Ludlam Road Campus.
- Teachers at Alexander Montessori School have many options, but this is the place they have chosen to be.
- Here they are able to fulfill their professional aspirations to teach and to help children in an orderly environment where the objective is education.
- Here, teachers are not merely employees, but partners in an important mission.
- Teaching in an Independent School is very special, and our Staff chooses to be here because it is professionally rewarding, and it is where they can see children prosper under their tutelage.
- In order to prepare themselves to teach in a Montessori School, these Teachers are required to take rigorous training in an approved training course and then spend a long period of internship under the direction of an experienced Teacher.
- Alexander Montessori School continues to be a partnership of innumerable people.
- This is a place where personal and shared visions evolve, for the children, for the School, for the community, and for the future.
- The School honors the contributions of the children, families, Faculty, and Staff who have helped make Alexander Montessori School such a unique institution.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
State or regional independent school association
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||502 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Maria Kousourou|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBallet, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: NS-8 | 521 students
7303 Southwest 64th Street
Miami, FL 33143
MiamiGrades: PK-12 | 1395 students
4200 Sw 89th Ave
Miami, FL 33165
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 203 students
1600 Sw 57th Avenue
Miami, FL 33155
MiamiGrades: PK-8 | 704 students
8755 SW 32nd Street
Miami, FL 33165
MiamiGrades: NS-3 | 196 students
2733 SW 3 Ave.
Miami, FL 33129