- At Applewild we believe that the ages of five to fifteen are the most important in a child’s education, the foundation upon which all further education is built.
- Here students discover their passion for learning and engage in the pursuit of excellence in academics, arts, and athletics in a supportive environment.
- The core values we promote and the relationships among all the members of our community prepare our students to be confident learners and responsible citizens.
- At Applewild School we believe that a diverse community enhances and enriches our educational experience.
- We strive to create an inclusive culture of mutual responsibility where all people are valued and respected.
- Our goal is to recognize and acknowledge our shared humanity while understanding and respecting differences as we learn, live and grow together.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Institute for Independent Education
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared blouses/shirts with slacks or capris or skirts for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade -|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Jen Wing|
|Admissions Associate||Jen Raterman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art & Shop Mentor, French Club, Jazz Band, Math Club, Ski Club French Club, Jazz Band, Math Club, Ski Club, Art & Shop Mentor,
- Applewild School has two preschool centers. One located on our Main Campus in Fitchburg and one on Devens, MA. Applewild preschool enrolls children ages 2.9 - 5 years.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
254 Summer Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 231 students
123 Salem Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
GrotonGrades: PK-8 | 223 students
14 Main Street
Groton, MA 01450
LincolnGrades: 1-9 | 405 students
25 Baker Bridge Road
Lincoln, MA 01773
Had good orientation trips that our daughter enjoyed and due to class sizes students get a better education that public school but the children are protected from the outside world, cloistered almost and lots of pressure is put on them to succeed. It is all about the school's reputation and protecting it if something goes wrong!!!! For us, it did.
- Posted by Parent - dyans
We have truly enjoyed our experience at Applewild. Our son has grown academically in terms of furthering exploration in areas where he succeeds and strengthening areas of weakness. His teachers have taken individual time to help his love for science expand while helping him to overcome challenges and develop confidence and leadership skills. Each student is an essential part of the community as demonstrated through common time, lunch, buddy programs and the arts programs. The education a child receives is wholistic encompassing academics, values and personal growth throughout the school day and curriculum. Every teacher and administrator is compassionate and eager to teach. They have taken the time to become familiar with my son, our goals and our family. It has been a wonderful opportunity to be part of this community. Private school is an investment in your child's future. This has been my wisest investment yet.
- Posted by Parent - eliza