Grades: 6-12 | 412 students
The Junior High Band Program for grades 6 - 8 includes Beginning Band, Intermediate Band, Advanced Band, and Jazz Band.
Academic programs include hands-on learning. The annual Physics Boat Race is an event at which the high school physics students apply their learning by creating a boat out of cardboard and racing them in Huntington Harbour. Students earn extra points by recruiting a staff member to power their boats.
Brethren Christian exists to help Christian parents in fulfilling their God-given responsibility of di ligent teaching and seeks to implement Christ's command of making disciples.
By philosophy, purpose and design Brethren Christian is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered, high quality educational program consistent with Biblical truth.
Its purpose is to minister to the whole person by fostering individual growth and preparing students for responsible interaction in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning differences addressed|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Lit/Comp, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Honors Chamber Choir, Honors Wind Symphony, Honors World Lit/Comp,|
|Average SAT score||1684|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,560|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||501.films - Video Production, A21 - Abolishment of Human Injustice in the 21st Century, ASB Leadership, Anime Club, Band Council, Brethren Book Club, California Junior Scholastic Federation, California Scholastic Federation, Cappies, Catz Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Class Council, Comedy Sportz High School League, Democrats for Christ, Drama Workshop, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Godz Girlz, Green Machine, Invisible Children, Journalism, LIGHT (Leadership in Gathering Hearts Together), Life Support Club, Math League, Praise Band, Puppet Ministry, SALSA Club, SALT (Service and Leadership Training), Sound/Tech Crew, Surf Club, Thespian Society, Yearbook ASB Leadership, Anime Club, Band Council, Cappies, Catz Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Class Council, Drama Workshop, Godz Girlz, Green Machine, Journalism, Math League, Praise Band, SALSA Club, Surf Club, Yearbook, 501.films - Video Production,
A21 - Abolishment of Human Injustice in the 21st Century,
Brethren Book Club,
California Junior Scholastic Federation,
California Scholastic Federation,
Comedy Sportz High School League,
Democrats for Christ,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
LIGHT (Leadership in Gathering Hearts Together),
Life Support Club,
SALT (Service and Leadership Training),
- Accreditation: In recognition of the outstanding education available at BCHS, Brethren Christian has been granted the highest level of accreditation by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Approved I-20 School Academics: College Prepatory Program meets UC A-G Requirements 95% of students matriculate to college, most to 4-year universities. Average SAT Scores surpasses the national average by nearly 200 points. 2013 AP pass rate - 88.3% Extensive college planning provided: Succeed.Naviance, SAT/ACT Preparation, Princeton Review, individualized planning provided. Options Program for students with special needs. Award Winning Arts Program 2011 - Brethren Christian named a Winner of the 12th Annual Orange County Arts Achievement Award - Outstanding Arts Education Program Wind Ensemble: SCSBOA Regional Festival - Unanimous Superior. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Large Band Division - Unanimous Superior 8 O'Clock Jazz Band: 2015 - Reno Jazz Festival - 1st place. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Jazz - Unanimous Superior Best High School Jazz Band - MACY Awards 2011, Cappies Awards 2012 Jazz Combo - Winner of the John Philip Sousa Award - 107th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2011, 108th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2012, 109th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2013. 110th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2014. 2015 - Did not participate.
- Junior High Wind Ensemble - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Superior
- Junior High Jazz Band - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Superior Extensive Choir Program - High School Honors Chamber Choir, High School Concert Choir, Mens Choir, Womens Choir, Junior High Choristers. ACSI Featured Students - 2015 Drama: 2010 MACY Childress Award for "Fiddler on the Roof." Numerous individual MACY and Cappie Awards every year Athletics:
- Warrior Athletics has been recognized for the following achievements: 1970, 71, 72 CIF Football Champions 1993 CIF Boys' Basketball Champions 1998 CIF Girls' Basketball Champions 2003 CIF Boys' Volleyball Champions Over 30 League Championships since 1990 BC football alum(1994)Reggie Davis played 2 seasons in the NFL (San Diego Chargers), coached for the San Francisco 49ers until January 2015 when he joined the coaching staff of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers Over 20 BC football players have played collegiate football 8 BC football players have played professional football (AFL, NFL Europe) Over 60 All CIF athletes since 1990 Over 20 League MVP's since 1990 2004 Academy League Football Champs 2005, 2009, 2010 Academy League Boys' Basketball Champs 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Academy League Boys' Volleyball Champs 2003, 2005 Academy League Girls' Basketball Champs Recent BC athletes have signed athletic scholarships to Concordia University Irvine, Anderson University South Carolina , Colorado Christian University, Hope International University Fullerton, Liberty University Virginia, and Dubuque University Iowa.
Profile last updated: 08/10/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-12 | 201 students
7661 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Santa AnaGrades: 9-12 | 2075 students
1202 W Edinger Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92707
OrangeGrades: 9-12 | 1345 students
2222 North Santiago Blvd
Orange, CA 92867
AnaheimGrades: 1-12 | 120 students
2530 W La Palma Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801
AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 190 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
|5.0 Stars 05/17/16|
Brethren Christian is an amazing school! The process that I went though to select a school for my children was extremely thorough. The criteria I required included a strong Christian emphasis, stellar academics, an excellent instrumental music program, a strong athletic program, and a positive social environment. My search took me to many schools that were strong in one area but lacked terribly in others. Brethren Christian was literally an answer to prayer! Though small, BC is doing amazing things! Where else can your student participate in OC's best Christian school band program, play football under the guidance of a coach who played 10 years in the NFL, act in a play that wins award after award, while being challenged academically and taught to live his or her faith in an environment relatively free of cliques and negative social issues? I know without a doubt that my children would have never developed into the individuals they have, had they attended one of the bigger ''name brand'' private schools. In this case, big things really DO come in small packages and this was the absolute best gift I could have given my kids. We are truly blessed to be a part of the Warrior family.
- Posted by Parent - shgar
|5.0 Stars 05/21/12|
I have 3 children who have graduated from Brethren. All are now in top notch universities...aat the top of their class! They were so well prepared for college! AND FOR LIFE! I heartily recommend Brethren Christian!!!
- Posted by Parent - for_r
October 25, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.