- Cathedral School for Boys, founded in 1957, strives to provide education in the best practices of single sex education for boys, in the tradition of the Episcopal Church.
- We believe that this education is derived from three main sources: the highest academic and personal standards humanely applied; a diverse community united in its concern for the school and for the world; and an active engagement with one's own spiritual path.
- Academically, the school sets high standards in literacy, basic skills, self-discipline, the joy of learning, and the pursuit of wisdom.
- We set equally high standards in good behavior, caring, mutual respect, truth telling and honor, and emphasize these qualities in all aspects of school life.
- Art, music, drama and physical education are integral parts of the curriculum.
- We prepare boys to enter demanding secondary schools confidently.
- We recognize that there are a variety of learning styles and paces among able students, and we try to teach accordingly.
- Teachers focus on learning styles, which are boy-friendly: hands-on, active study that allows for movement and vigor.
- We affirm the integrity of childhood and the elementary curriculum, and do not try to replicate secondary school studies.
- Our mission is to provide an excellent education for boys at the elementary level; to attract a diverse student body of strong academic potential; and to provide a school committed to intellectual inquiry and rigor, welcoming to people of all religious traditions and beliefs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,700|
|Tuition Notes||Adjustable Tuition is available based on need.|
|Admissions Director||Catherine K. Madison|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Fencing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess, Choir, Community Service, Community s, Debate, Fencing, Student Counsel Band, Chess, Choir, Community s, Debate, Fencing, Community Service,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 391 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
San MateoGrades: NS-8 | 305 students
16 Baldwin Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115