- We believe that learning a second language at an early age is a life-long advantage which will benefit our children both academically and cognitively.
- Our goal is to create a safe, supportive, nurturing, international learning environment where students can develop fully in both French and English.
- We have two other locations : Morris Plains, NJ and New Milford, NJ.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Joly|
- A leader in bilingual education, The French American Academy offers students a private education in both French and English.The positive, nurturing, and creative learning environment blends traditional and progressive approaches with newer teaching techniques in order to promote greater cognitive and social growth, multi-cultural understanding, individual confidence and self-expression. An early and continuing bilingual education has been proven to strengthen a child`s fundamental ability to listen, reason, focus, multi-task, and communicate better. It also helps children perform better in non-language courses, like Math and Science. Finally, it promotes cultural fluency which helps children adapt more easily in today's global community. The French American Academy serves students from Pre-K through 5th grade. The Academy also hosts after school activities in French, enrichment classes, summer programs for children and language classes for adults. The French American Academy has three campus locations: New Milford, Morris Plains, and Jersey City, New Jersey. http://www.faacademy.org
Profile last updated: 05/03/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HobokenGrades: NS-8 | 422 students
301 Garden St
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Jersey CityGrades: NS-6 | 231 students
1 McWilliams Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Our children are both 100% French and 100% American, and we wanted them to have the best of both worlds. I strongly believe the French American Academy is the right place for them to be, in 1st grade and Pre-K3 this year. The curriculum is ambitious and unique, in a nurturing environment; it's been an exciting journey to follow the Jersey City school progresses and milestones towards much-deserved sucess! With so many talented teachers and staff, and such an enthusiastic community of parents coming from all around the world, in a city that was recently elected most diverse city in the US, our kids have been thriving there from Day 1.
- Posted by Parent - carol
Our daughter has been attending FAA during this academic year. We have watched her language skills blossom in French and in English. She is truly happy to go to school, while we are happy to follow her age appropriate and creative curriculum. The teachers have been very caring and amazingly responsive to feedback regarding communication and parental involvement.
- Posted by Parent - nasze
Our daughter was at the French American Academy for Pre-K 2 and now she is in Pre-K 3. This school has exceeding a many of my academic expectations and I truly believe that the administration does what is best for the child in all circumstances. The teachers are friendly and approachable and the students are so talented and well-mannered. The school strives to excel in a dual-culture atmosphere and we are so grateful to have our daughter in this school.
- Posted by Parent - vinny
Nearby Homes for Salerealtor.com™
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.