- The Monarch School of New England is a day school that serves children and young adults with significant disabilities, ages 5 to 21. Rooted in the belief that each child deserves an environment in which they can flourish, the Monarch School of New England designs programs based on the individual needs and capabilities of each student. Individualized programming maximizes student potential in the areas of academics, functional life skills, and vocational training.
- All related services are integrated into the school day: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language, and Behavior.
- Each discipline works collaboratively to provide additional supports that may include aquautics, hippo therapy, horticulture, and recreation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the sending school district.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diane Bessey|
|Admissions Associate||Kate Sisneroz, Education Dir.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Special Olympics Special Olympics,
- Vision Statement: The Monarch School of New England brings individuals with intellectual, physical, medical and behavioral disabilities into the mainstream of everyday life.
- Our success is based on the belief that services can be more effectively provided through an integrated team approach and with a vast array of traditional and innovative programs.
- Education is the basis for working with each child. Our curriculum aligns with the New Hampshire Curriculum Frameworks, the Math and English / Language Arts Common Core Standards and Maine Learning Results.
Profile last updated: 07/23/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RyeGrades: 3-12 | 52 students
1247 Washington Rd.
Rye, NH 03870
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 164 students
111 E 22nd St
New York, NY 10010
GreenfieldGrades: PK-12 | 95 students
One Verney Dr
Greenfield, NH 03047
RochesterGrades: KG-8 | 164 students
16 Bridge St
Rochester, NH 03867
ConcordGrades: 6-12 | 46 students
2 Fisk Rd
Concord, NH 03301