Grades: PK-8 | 50 students
- Mountain Road School supports, challenges, and empowers the whole child within a loving and collaborative community of parents, teachers, and students.
- A Mountain Road education fosters academic and creative excellence, ethical and spiritual development, engagement with the world, and creates a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Small class sizes and flexible age groupings allow the needs of each child to be met.
- There is an overall emphasis on community and nature.
- Ensconced in the historic and lovingly-restored Hand House, Mountain Road School's campus consists of 20 acres of beautiful gardens, streams, and woods.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $7500 for preschool to $12,500 for upper grades. Generous financial aid is available for qualifying students.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cynthia Gray|
|Admissions Associate||Betsy Feathers|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Singing ensemble Singing ensemble,
- Multi-aged classrooms
- Small classes, no more than 12 children in a class
- In-depth Nature Studies
- Community Oriented
- Innovative Curriculum
- Child Centered
- Individualized Attention
- Aftercare and before-school care available
Profile last updated: 05/16/2016
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.