Grades: NS-8 | 316 students
- Nashoba Brooks School is a co-ed Preschool and Lower School (K - 3) and an all-girls Middle School (4 - 8) located in Concord, MA.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||316 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Clean and neat dress, no jeans for middle school students)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition information can be found at http://www.nashobabrooks.org/tuition-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Regina Nixon|
|Admissions Associate||Jevan Jammal|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field
- Our educational philosophy affirms the importance of balance between academic and personal development. In the Lower School, the developmental approach allows boys and girls to learn according to their varying levels of readiness; in the Middle School, the special attention given to educating young women encourages risk-taking and fosters leadership potential.
- We are committed to differentiation. Small group reading sections in the Lower School and math sections in the Middle School allow for each child to learn at his or her own pace with individualized attention from the teacher. Section placements are re-assessed throughout the year to make sure that each child is being appropriately supported and challenged. We meet students where they are in order to propel them towards their own personal excellence.
- Through intentionally small classes, faculty-coached athletics, and supportive advisory programs, our faculty get to know and experience each student as a scholar, athlete, artist, and leader.
- Our campus sprawls across 30 green acres and includes three athletic fields, tennis courts, ponds, nature trails, an outdoor garden and classroom, and two playground structures geared toward different developmental groups.
Profile last updated: 02/23/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
GrotonGrades: PK-8 | 223 students
14 Main Street
Groton, MA 01450
LittletonGrades: NS-8 | 205 students
2 Old Pickard Lane
Littleton, MA 01460
BelmontGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 383 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
Nashoba has been a great experience for me. I came in really shy, but the community really changed that. The teachers are amazing; what we learn is very interesting and relevant. Still, there are challenges: sometimes since the grade is so small you feel like you know everyone too well, which can be a good or bad thing. The academics are great, and the teachers push me and support me. Overall, I have loved it here, but am really excited to go to high school and move on.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - torab
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.