- Nichols School aim is to train minds, bodies and hearts for the work of life, and to carry into all we do the highest ideals of character and service.
- At Nichols School, inspired teachers and students are committed to a quality standard of learning and achievement in all aspects of school life.
- Our community strives to cultivate each student's sense of responsibility, compassion, honesty, and self-discipline.
- Our goal is to produce confident and ethical young people equipped for the challenges of life.
- We embrace and value our school's history and heritage.
- We also recognize the importance of adaptation and innovation as a means of preparing our students for the future.
- We strive to create a community that reflects our region's neighborhoods and the wider world.
- In this environment, our students develop habits of tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||580 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,725|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 5-8: $19,725 Grade 9: $20,775 Grades 10-12: $21,175|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Nina Barone|
|Admissions Associate||Adrienne Ptak|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, VolleyballBallet, Baseball,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
- Nichols School is a nationally recognized coed college preparatory school for grades 5-12. Founded in 1892, Nichols is located in Buffalo, N.Y., and non-denominational, with 582 students from across Western New York and Southern Ontario, as well as several international students. The dedicated faculty is focused on preparing students to thrive in the global community of the 21st century.
- With an average class size of 14 students, world-class teachers foster each student`s talents beyond the limitations of standardized testing. Nichols develops students` intellectual and extra-curricular passions, and provides access to challenging academic programs, and exceptional athletic, art and international exchange programs. Through leadership opportunities and community service projects, students develop strong work ethic, integrity, character and personal responsibility.
- Nichols` beautiful campus holds many interactive learning spaces, including a sustainable math and science center, new visual art rooms and unparalleled athletics facilities. International exchange programs in China, Costa Rica, France and Spain create lifelong connections and deepen students` experiences in the classroom. Meaningful service projects strengthen students` understanding of the local community, and further cultivate character and leadership skills.
- Nichols is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools.
Profile last updated: 01/27/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 722 students
845 Kenmore Ave
Buffalo, NY 14223
Athol SpringsGrades: 9-12 | 519 students
4129 Lake Shore Rd
Athol Springs, NY 14010
BuffaloGrades: PK-12 | 254 students
4625 Harlem Rd
Buffalo, NY 14226
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 262 students
601 Mckinley Pkwy
Buffalo, NY 14220
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 814 students
1180 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209