Grades: 6-12 | 412 students
The Junior High Band Program for grades 6 - 8 includes Beginning Band, Intermediate Band, Advanced Band, and Jazz Band.
Academic programs include hands-on learning. The annual Physics Boat Race is an event at which the high school physics students apply their learning by creating a boat out of cardboard and racing them in Huntington Harbour. Students earn extra points by recruiting a staff member to power their boats.
Brethren Christian exists to help Christian parents in fulfilling their God-given responsibility of di ligent teaching and seeks to implement Christ's command of making disciples.
By philosophy, purpose and design Brethren Christian is dedicated to providing a Christ-centered, high quality educational program consistent with Biblical truth.
Its purpose is to minister to the whole person by fostering individual growth and preparing students for responsible interaction in society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning differences addressed|
|Total Students||412 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP English Lit/Comp, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP World History, Honors Chamber Choir, Honors Wind Symphony, Honors World Lit/Comp,|
|Average SAT score||1684|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No uniforms required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by Grade Level $8,295 - $13,375 Scholarships: *Need Based *Christian School Employee - 50% *Pastoral - 75% discount *Academic - Incoming Freshmen with 4.0 GPA - $2,000 Discount. *Music -See Website for details and restrictions|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,560|
|Admissions Director||Shelly Harris|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||501.films - Video Production, A21 - Abolishment of Human Injustice in the 21st Century, ASB Leadership, Anime Club, Band Council, Brethren Book Club, California Junior Scholastic Federation, California Scholastic Federation, Cappies, Catz Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Class Council, Comedy Sportz High School League, Democrats for Christ, Drama Workshop, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Godz Girlz, Green Machine, Invisible Children, Journalism, LIGHT (Leadership in Gathering Hearts Together), Life Support Club, Math League, Praise Band, Puppet Ministry, SALSA Club, SALT (Service and Leadership Training), Sound/Tech Crew, Surf Club, Thespian Society, Yearbook ASB Leadership, Anime Club, Band Council, Cappies, Catz Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Class Council, Drama Workshop, Godz Girlz, Green Machine, Journalism, Math League, Praise Band, SALSA Club, Surf Club, Yearbook, 501.films - Video Production,
A21 - Abolishment of Human Injustice in the 21st Century,
Brethren Book Club,
California Junior Scholastic Federation,
California Scholastic Federation,
Comedy Sportz High School League,
Democrats for Christ,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
LIGHT (Leadership in Gathering Hearts Together),
Life Support Club,
SALT (Service and Leadership Training),
- Accreditation: In recognition of the outstanding education available at BCHS, Brethren Christian has been granted the highest level of accreditation by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Approved I-20 School Academics: College Prepatory Program meets UC A-G Requirements 95% of students matriculate to college, most to 4-year universities. Average SAT Scores surpasses the national average by nearly 200 points. 2013 AP pass rate - 88.3% Extensive college planning provided: Succeed.Naviance, SAT/ACT Preparation, Princeton Review, individualized planning provided. Options Program for students with special needs. Award Winning Arts Program 2011 - Brethren Christian named a Winner of the 12th Annual Orange County Arts Achievement Award - Outstanding Arts Education Program Wind Ensemble: SCSBOA Regional Festival - Unanimous Superior. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Large Band Division - Unanimous Superior 8 O'Clock Jazz Band: 2015 - Reno Jazz Festival - 1st place. 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Jazz - Unanimous Superior Best High School Jazz Band - MACY Awards 2011, Cappies Awards 2012 Jazz Combo - Winner of the John Philip Sousa Award - 107th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2011, 108th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2012, 109th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2013. 110th Annual Huntington Beach Parade - 2014. 2015 - Did not participate.
- Junior High Wind Ensemble - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Superior
- Junior High Jazz Band - 2015 Biola University Christian Invitational Band Festival - Superior Extensive Choir Program - High School Honors Chamber Choir, High School Concert Choir, Mens Choir, Womens Choir, Junior High Choristers. ACSI Featured Students - 2015 Drama: 2010 MACY Childress Award for "Fiddler on the Roof." Numerous individual MACY and Cappie Awards every year Athletics:
- Warrior Athletics has been recognized for the following achievements: 1970, 71, 72 CIF Football Champions 1993 CIF Boys' Basketball Champions 1998 CIF Girls' Basketball Champions 2003 CIF Boys' Volleyball Champions Over 30 League Championships since 1990 BC football alum(1994)Reggie Davis played 2 seasons in the NFL (San Diego Chargers), coached for the San Francisco 49ers until January 2015 when he joined the coaching staff of the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers Over 20 BC football players have played collegiate football 8 BC football players have played professional football (AFL, NFL Europe) Over 60 All CIF athletes since 1990 Over 20 League MVP's since 1990 2004 Academy League Football Champs 2005, 2009, 2010 Academy League Boys' Basketball Champs 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Academy League Boys' Volleyball Champs 2003, 2005 Academy League Girls' Basketball Champs Recent BC athletes have signed athletic scholarships to Concordia University Irvine, Anderson University South Carolina , Colorado Christian University, Hope International University Fullerton, Liberty University Virginia, and Dubuque University Iowa.
Profile last updated: 08/10/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Huntington BeachGrades: KG-8 | 578 students
9700 Levee Dr
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Costa MesaGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Huntington BeachGrades: K-8 | 664 students
20400 Magnolia Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Costa MesaGrades: 2-12 | 21 students
943 Evergreen Pl
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 564 students
19692 Lexington Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.