- The Pegasus School is an intellectually stimulating and nurturing independent school community for bright and highly motivated students.
- Imagination and creativity are inspired and encouraged through engaging and challenging academics, experiential learning and passionate pursuits.
- Students are prepared to become lifelong learners, balancing heart and mind, while developing the ability to navigate with integrity an ever-changing global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2001|
|Total Students||564 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,400|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nancy Conklin|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Hebert|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, French, Mandarin, Sign language, Tae Kwon Do, art, computer game design, creative writing, drama club, drums, golf, guitar, rhythmic gymnastics, running club, speed stacking, webby dance, wood working, yoga Chess, French, Mandarin, Sign language, Tae Kwon Do, art, drama club, drums, golf, guitar, running club, speed stacking, webby dance, wood working, yoga, computer game design,
The Pegasus School is dedicated to academic excellence and to the development of lifelong learners who are confident, caring, and courageous.
The Pegasus Community is
- and vibrant,
- serious about academic life,
- rich in opportunities,
- nurturing of the gifted student,
- engaged in the world outside the school.
Pegasus students love
- to learn,
- to be challenged,
- and to work hard;
- they are bright and motivated;
- they are joyful;
- they grow in both intellect and empathy.
- inspire, nurture and guide.
- They love to teach;
- they are flexible, creative, collaborative, and innovative;
- they foster each student`s individual gifts and passions.
- value education;
- they work closely with the school in a partnership based on thoughtful communication and mutual respect.
Pegasus alumni are
- lifelong learners
- and engaged citizens;
- they are confident and competent;
- they value their Pegasus education and friendships.
People that viewed The Pegasus School also viewed these schools: Waldorf School of Orange County, Liberty Christian School, Page Private School - Newport Mesa, Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School and Carden Hall.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Costa MesaGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
2350 Canyon Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-12 | 201 students
7661 Warner Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Costa MesaGrades: NS-8 | 189 students
657 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Newport BeachGrades: PK-8 | 430 students
1541 Monrovia Ave
Newport Beach, CA 92663
We will be starting our third year at Pegasus, my son Ethan will be going into first grade and started in pfe-k. Our daughter will also be joining as a pre-k'er this year.We couldn't say enough wonderful things about the school, teachers, faculty and fellow parents. The school has an excellent sense of community and strong academics, and teaches global responsibility. We couldn't be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Sesma