The Derryfield School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||8% (NH School Avg.: 8%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||51%|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|AP Calculus AB||AP Calculus BC|
|AP Chemistry||AP English Language and Composition|
|AP English Literature||AP French|
|AP Latin||AP Physics|
|AP Spanish||AP Statistics|
|AP United States History|
|Average SAT score||1844|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,435|
|Tuition Notes||Through our arrangements with FACTS Tuition Management (www.factsmgt.com), installment payments are available.|
|% on Financial Aid||23%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,864|
|Admissions Director||Allison M. Price|
|Admissions Associate||Kathleen Rutty-Fey \\\\\\\'87|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Cross Country||Field Hockey|
|Total Extracurriculars||41 extracurriculars|
|All School Flute Choir||All School Key Club|
|All School School Council||Middle School A World of Difference (Anti-Defamation League)|
|Middle School Art Club||Middle School Assembly Committee|
|Middle School Babysitter's Certificate Club||Middle School Builder's Club (service)|
|Middle School Cougar Cupboard (school store)||Middle School Guitar Club|
|Middle School Junkyard Engineering Club||Middle School Magic and Performance Club|
|Middle School Mind Games||Middle School Publications Club|
|Middle School Rain or Shine Club (outdoor activities)||Middle School Set Design and Painting Club|
|Middle School Socially Green Committee||Upper School A World of Difference (Anti-Defamation League)|
|Upper School Advancement Ambassadors||Upper School Amnesty International|
|Upper School Art Club||Upper School Book Club|
|Upper School Breakthrough Manchester||Upper School Chess Club|
|Upper School Conservation Club||Upper School Dance Club|
|Upper School Debate Team||Upper School Discipline Committee|
|Upper School Empower Club (womens' issues)||Upper School Encore (advanced singing group)|
|Upper School Exerpt Committee (literary magazine)||Upper School Film Club (movie making)|
|Upper School Flag Football Club||Upper School Gay/Straight Alliance|
|Upper School Granite State Challenge (academic competition)||Upper School Initium Committee (yearbook)|
|Upper School International Thespian Society||Upper School Lamplighter (school newspaper)|
|Upper School Model United Nations||Upper School National Honor Society|
|Upper School Science Club|
- CORE VALUES -
- AIM HIGH: Young people achieve their best in a culture of high expectations and encouragement.
- BALANCE: We offer inspiring academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities, promoting the development of healthy habits of mind, body, and spirit, and the skill to balance creative tension.
- CHARACTER: We actively cultivate respect, integrity, compassion, and perseverance in our community members.
- COMMUNITY: We seek a diverse community defined and sustained by close relationships, social interdependence, and service.
- FAMILIES: We embrace the family's role in the life of our day school, celebrating collaboration between home and school.
- INDIVIDUALITY: We encourage young people to grow as unique individuals through the discovery of new passions and a love for learning, self-knowledge, critical inquiry, and reflection.
Profile last updated: 07/11/2011
Related School Videos:
The Derryfield School
1 year ago.
The Derryfield School Key Club Dance
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Warrant article to boost standards hotly debated at Bedford School District ... - The Union Leader
posted on February 6, 2013 at 06:10:34 pm
Warrant article to boost standards hotly debated at Bedford School District ...The Union LeaderEvans, a British native who sent his kids to The Derryfield School, said though ...
- Meet 40 who are making a difference - The Union Leader
posted on January 28, 2013 at 05:18:07 am
Meet 40 who are making a differenceThe Union LeaderThere's also Kate Erskine, 38, of Manchester, the executive director of Breakthrough Manchester at The ...
- Honors & Recognition - Seacoastonline.com
posted on January 13, 2013 at 01:42:23 pm
Honors & RecognitionSeacoastonline.comn Derryfield School: Manchester, has announced that Rosalind KennyBirch Class of 13 of Exeter has received ...
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 2 mi. away