Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
The Vanguard School provides comprehensive special education and clinical services with a unique focus on the individual child and his or her readiness for life.
The Vanguard School has been an innovator in offering an integrated academic, social and daily living skills approach within a supportive environment where the ultimate goal is to have each student become an independent, functional and happy member of society. Vanguard’s innovative Pre-K through 12 and post-secondary education is a hallmark of the school’s “Learning-for-Life” philosophy, and has resulted in measurable success for graduates. The Vanguard School is a nonprofit, state-licensed, academic day school that is one of 34 Pennsylvania Approved Private Schools for Special Education, selected by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum Disorders, Neurological Impairment, related social-emotional difficulties|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kavitha Patel|
|Admissions Associate||Peg Osborne|
- A program of Valley Forge Educational Services, The Vanguard School serves students ages 4-18 (preK through post-secondary)
- The Vanguard School endorses and utilize evidence-based special education practices to ensure the highest-quality academic experience possible.
- The Vanguard School maintains a focus on academics, clinical services and daily living skills which is enhanced by a highly trained staff that recognizes the different ways that children learn.
- More than 30 therapists and specialists have the advantage of being actively involved in the child's entire day, are able to co-treat across disciplines and consult with teachers and other professionals on a regular basis.
- The Vanguard Transition Center offers young adults ages 18-21 opportunities for post-secondary education, career development, and social and life skills development. See www.vanguardschool-pa.org/vtc for more information.
- Dedicated, highly-trained, credentialed staff
- Public or private pay for approved students
- Extended School Year (ESY) available to eligible students
Profile last updated: 08/12/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WayneGrades: K | 85 students
1560 Bradford Rd
Wayne, PA 19087
PaoliGrades: 6-12 | 184 students
19 E Central Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
PaoliGrades: PK-K | 165 students
212 W Lancaster Ave
Paoli, PA 19301
MalvernGrades: NS-K | 18 students
315 Central Ave
Malvern, PA 19355
MalvernGrades: 9-12 | 426 students
370 Central Ave
Malvern, PA 19355
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.