Montessori New Beginnings Academy
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - Kindergarten|
|Total Students||105 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||86% (TX School Avg.: 37%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||20%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ryan Ritter|
|Admissions Associate||Latha Ganesh|
|Total Extracurriculars||6 extracurriculars|
|Amazing Athletes||Classical Ballet|
|Music & Movement||Tiny Tigers: Tae Kwon Do|
- We serve roughly 140 students from ages 18 months to 6 years. One of the strengths of the school community is the diversity of the families that make up our community. Our families represent a wide range of cultures, beliefs, races, and ethnicities.
- As a non-profit institution, we are governed by a Board of Trustees who set policy and strategy while providing oversight of the school operations. The board consists of local business executives, small business owners, and entrepreneurs – many either parent alumni or who have children currently enrolled. A school director is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, including admissions, personnel management, curriculum, and financial administration.
- We are a member school of the American Montessori Society (AMS) and use the Montessori method which develops the confidence, independence, and responsibility of the child through work in practical life, independent and group learning, language using phonics, math using concrete objects, science, and geography. An AMS member school, Montessori: New Beginnings Academy is required to adhere to strict standards and policies as an assurance that your child will receive high quality educational instruction from qualified teachers in an appropriate classroom environment.
- At Montessori: New Beginnings Academy your child's classroom instructors have a great deal of teaching experience. A large number of our staff members have been with the school for a decade or more; four teachers have been with us for longer than fifteen years, another three staff member have been with us for more than a decade. Many of our classrooms offer instructors with over thirty years of combined Montessori teaching experience. While your child benefits from our staff experience and commitment to educational excellence, the stability of our staff creates the high likelihood that your child will have consistency in their homeroom teachers during those formative years they are with us.
- Each of the two teachers in our pre-primary classroom is Montessori-certified for the assigned age level by the AMS (American Montessori Society) or other MACTE (Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education) accredited teacher education program . That program has verified completion of a course of study requiring a minimum of 300 hours of on-site instruction and 36 weeks of supervised student teaching. Additionally, the school requires the staff complete additional teacher education training throughout each year.
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. 3-8 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.3 mi. away