Grades: 5-12 | 368 students
Eastside Prep promotes critical thinking,integration of disciplines, hands-on education,and an ethic of innovation.
We offer achallenging academic program for studentsin grades 5-12, and are founded on the beliefthat a good education is dynamic and rootedin relationship.
Resources are used to recruiteducators who understand how learning haschanged, and who commit themselves to theuse of contemporary teaching and technologytools.
EPS students will be asked to designprojects, defend theses, analyze results, andsynthesize perspectives.
They will learn tothink outside of their comfort zone, takerisks, and build community –on stage, onthe playing field, and in the classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||368 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 3 / Jan. 14 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,900|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lauren Formo|
|Admissions Associate||Kristina Dammrose|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,
Crew, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||34 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arduino Club, Art Club, Art Meets Spanish Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Book Club, Chess and Board Games Club, Coding Club, Computer Club, Film Club, First Lego League Robotics, Le Mesa de Espanol, League of Legends Club, Math Club, Middle School Activities Council, Newspaper Club, Open World Role Play Club, Outdoor Club, Peer Mentoring, Peer Mentoring Club, Photography Club, Rock Climbing Club, Rock and Roll Club, Service Club, Speech and Debate, Speech and Debate Club, Spoken Word Poetry Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Study Buddies, Tea Tasting Club, Trail Running Club, US FIRST Tech Challenge Robotics Team, Unreal: Literary and Arts Magazine, Yearbook Arduino Club, Art Club, Book Club, Coding Club, Computer Club, Film Club, Math Club, Newspaper Club, Outdoor Club, Peer Mentoring, Service Club, Study Buddies, Yearbook, Art Meets Spanish Club,
Arts and Crafts Club,
Chess and Board Games Club,
First Lego League Robotics,
Le Mesa de Espanol,
League of Legends Club,
Middle School Activities Council,
Open World Role Play Club,
Peer Mentoring Club,
Rock Climbing Club,
Rock and Roll Club,
Speech and Debate,
Speech and Debate Club,
Spoken Word Poetry Club,
Tea Tasting Club,
Trail Running Club,
US FIRST Tech Challenge Robotics Team,
Unreal: Literary and Arts Magazine,
- Strong academic foundation: We provide a strong academic foundation that will allow students to succeed at the most rigorous colleges. We balance humanities, sciences, mathematics, and foreign language study. We offer performing and fine arts and PE.
- Unique Focus on Thinking: We teach our students how to think. We encourage them to ask questions, analyze information, and solve problems. We provide students with the "thinking tools" of the academic disciplines. They learn to ask, "How would a scientist approach this? How would a mathematician? A historian?" They discover why each academic discipline poses the questions it does and when one approach is more useful than another. In this way, students develop effective strategies for any new situation.
- Integrated and Interdisciplinary: Our program is integrated because the world is. Students combine what they know and apply it in new ways and contexts. A central theme for each year provides unifying organization and allows the teaching team to create interdisciplinary studies.
- Strong Technology: We take advantage of our local high-tech culture to provide students great opportunities to learn and use advanced technologies. All Upper School students own Tablets PCs and use them in the classroom.
- Multiple Perspectives Are Key: Students learn that everything can be approached from multiple perspectives, whether those of the academic disciplines or those of people with diverse cultures and background.
- Making a Contribution: One of our goals is to prepare students to be ethical citizens through service learning. In upper school, students participate in Impact Projects based around the yearly theme. These projects are designed to empower students, encourage self-reliance, teach them to make responsible choices, and to explore new areas. EPIC, the Eastside Prep Urban Sustainability Project and Living Gallery will open in the fall of 2007.
- Yearly themes: 6th: What is the World Made of? 7th: Where do we come from? 8th: What does it mean to be human? 9th: The Global Society 10th: The Good Society 11th: The Artistic Society 12th: The Real World
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KirklandGrades: NS-K | 120 students
10406 Ne 37th Cir
Kirkland, WA 98033
KirklandGrades: PK-K | 40 students
10406 Ne 37th Circle
Kirkland, WA 98033
BellevueGrades: PK-KG | 58 students
10723 Ne 38th Pl
Bellevue, WA 98004
10733 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA 98004
KirklandGrades: PK-KG | 92 students
5311 108th Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.