|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||19% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||82%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB/BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Spanish Language, Advanced Studies in Art History, AP English Language and Composition, AP Physics B, AP Statistics, Art History (Advanced Studies), Comparative Religions (Advanced Studies), Environmental Science (Advanced Studies), Historiography and Research Seminar (Advanced Studies), Intro. to American Constitutional Law (Advanced Studies), Multivariable Calculus, Philosophy in Literature (Advanced Studies)|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 13 / Jan. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$34,140|
|Tuition Notes||SA offers a flex tuition program, whereby families pay differing tuition costs based on their individual circumstances.|
|% on Financial Aid||50%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Sandy Stack|
|Admissions Associate||Lucas Martin|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"The Print" Student Newspaper, Admission All-Stars, Book Club, Chess Club, Debate Team, Diversity CLub, Earthology Club, Fitness, Flag Football, Girls Learn International Chapter, Humanities Salon, Jazz Ensemble, Judicial Honor Council, Native American Society, Pilates/Hatha Yoga, QSA-Queer Straight Alliance, SA Songwriters Guild, Salsa Dancing, Student Leadership Council, Theater Production, Ultimate Frisbee|
- Electives include Multivariable Calculus, 8 Advancement Placement courses, and advanced studies in Historiography & Research, Philosophy & Literature, Constitutional Law, Environmental Science, Comparative Religions, and Art History.
- International travel each year, open to all students-including those receiving financial aid. Past trips have included France, Thailand, China, Costa Rica, Germany, Honduras, the Czech Republic, Japan, Russia, Spain, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Belgium, Mexico, and Holland.
- Students and faculty have their own laptop computers equipped with specialized software a broadcast studio with full video and sound recording and editing equipment, and 3-D modeling software and printer.
- SA fields a boys and girls team in soccer, basketball, lacrosse, cross-country and track, a girls volleyball team, a baseball team, and an equestrian team.
- SA students have the option to pursue a concentration (like a college minor) in either environmental leadership or global citizenship.
- SA offers an Accelerated Sports Program, designed for highly motivated and talented student-athletes who have aspirations to compete at least at the collegiate level.
- Extensive college counseling begins junior year.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
Santa Rosa St. Eugene's Cathedral School
(Roman Catholic)0.1 mi | 405 students | Gr. PK-8
Santa Rosa Brush Creek Montessori
Montessori School1.2 mi | 90 students | Gr. PK-8
Santa Rosa New Horizon School & Learning Center
Special Education School1.3 mi | 19 students | Gr. 6-12
Santa Rosa Stuart Preparatory School
Special Program Emphasis1.4 mi | 37 students | Gr. K-9
Santa Rosa Greenhouse Academy
Special Education School1.5 mi | 6 students | Gr. 7-12