|School Membership(s)||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||19% (CA School Avg.: 44%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||82%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|AP Calculus AB/BC||AP Chemistry|
|AP English Literature and Composition||AP Spanish Language|
|Advanced Studies in Art History||AP English Language and Composition|
|AP Physics B||Comparative Religions (Advanced Studies)|
|Historiography Seminar||Multivariable Calculus|
|Philosophy in Literature|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,650|
|Tuition Notes||SA offers a flex tuition program, whereby families pay differing tuition costs based on their individual circumstances.|
|% on Financial Aid||56%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,240|
|Admissions Director||Sandy Stack|
|Admissions Associate||Lucas Martin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Soccer||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||21 extracurriculars|
|"The Print" Student Newspaper||Admission All-Stars|
|Book Club||Chess Club|
|Debate Team||Diversity CLub|
|Flag Football||Girls Learn International Chapter|
|Humanities Salon||Jazz Ensemble|
|Judicial Honor Council||Native American Society|
|Pilates/Hatha Yoga||QSA-Queer Straight Alliance|
|SA Songwriters Guild||Salsa Dancing|
|Student Leadership Council||Theater Production|
- Electives include high-level courses, including Multivariable Calculus, Genetics & Biotechnology, Historiography & Research, Advanced Studies in Art History, Comparative Religions, and 6 Advanced Placement courses
- International travel each year, open to all students-including those receiving financial aid. Past trips have included China, Thailand, Costa Rica, Honduras, Japan, France, Nicaragua, Spain, the Czech Republic, Russia, and Mexico.
- Students and faculty have their own laptop computers equipped with specialized software. SA supports its own wireless network, Webschool intranet, and technology in each classroom.
- SA fields a boys and girls team in soccer, basketball, lacrosse, cross-country and track, a girls volleyball team and a boys baseball team.
- SA students have the option to pursue a concentration (like a college minor) in either environmental leadership or global citizenship.
- SA offers an Accelerated Sports Program, designed for highly motivated and talented student-athletes who have aspirations to compete at least at the collegiate level.
- Extensive college counseling begins junior year.
Profile last updated: 10/15/2012
Related School Videos:
Sonoma Academy Metamorphoses: Extended Cut
12 days ago
Soccer - Sonoma Academy vs. Middletown
1 month ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Prep lacrosse: Honor roll for games played before Feb. 28 - Marin Independent Journal
posted on March 1, 2013 at 01:37:25 am
Prep lacrosse: Honor roll for games played before Feb. 28Marin Independent JournalThe Drake girls opened the season Tuesday with an 11-6 non-league victory over ...
- Varsity Girls Lacrosse: Justin-Siena 16, Sonoma Academy 5 - Napa Valley Register
posted on February 24, 2013 at 06:39:39 am
Varsity Girls Lacrosse: Justin-Siena 16, Sonoma Academy 5Napa Valley RegisterThe Braves dominated Friday night's scrimmage, their first competition of the season ...
- Upper Lake boys, girls fall to Sonoma Academy - Lake County Record-Bee
posted on February 1, 2013 at 08:01:05 am
Upper Lake boys, girls fall to Sonoma AcademyLake County Record-BeeUPPER LAKE -- The first half belonged to Upper Lake but the game went to the Sonoma Academy ...
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 1.5 mi. away