The Marin School attracts smart kids who want something different in their education. We honor each student’s unique learning style and act in accordance with an unshakeable belief in the potential of each and every student.The Marin School faculty is made up of passionate, skilled, motivated teachers who love what they do. They wholeheartedly believe in each student’s unique potential and are equipped with the talent, tools, skill and enthusiasm to meet the needs of multiple learning styles.Small class sizes naturally encourage more personalized teaching, experiential learning, innovative lessons and non-traditional, yet effective, learning opportunities. We offer a challenging, thought-provoking curriculum that effectively prepares graduates for college and life beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||73 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||25% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$37,270|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available based upon demonstrated need.|
|% on Financial Aid||40%|
|Admissions Director||Shirey Bukowski|
|Admissions Associate||Sierra Antonio|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Indoor Soccer, SoccerBasketball, Fencing,
Indoor Soccer, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||drama, jazz band, journalism, mountain biking club, photography, recording studio, yearbook drama, jazz band, journalism, photography, yearbook, mountain biking club,
- College-preparatory high school (U.C. approved curriculum)
- Excellent student/teacher ratio
- A class size that promotes learning (average 9)'
- WHO ARE THE STUDENTS WE ENROLL?
- Students who demonstrate academic and creative potential.
- Students who are seeking a close relationship with their teachers.
- Students who will actively participate in the learning process and in the school.
- Students who will make a personal investment in their academic success.
- Students who value the opportunities offered in a small learning community.
- WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- We celebrate diverse thinking and individual personalities.
- We practice collaboration instead of competition.
- We offer participatory classes and encourage each individual's voice.
- We motivate students through innovative lessons and real-world applications.
- We emphasize conceptual thinking rather than rote learning.
- We honor each student's unique learning style.
- We identify and nurture each student's talents and gifts.
- We offer a web-based daily communication tool for parents, students and staff.
- Faculty meet weekly to ensure full staff knowledge of each student's progress.
- Students at The Marin School matriculate to leading colleges and universities across the country. We believe in the individual, and everything we do is designed to inspire, guide and empower each student to achieve his or her full academic and social potential.
Profile last updated: 08/05/2013
Sausalito the New Village School
Waldorf School0 mi | 122 students | Gr. K-8
Sausalito Women Helping All People Scholastic Academy
(Christian)0.4 mi | 14 students | Gr. K-8
Mill Valley Mount Tamalpais School
Belvedere Tiburon Saint Hilary School
(Roman Catholic)2 mi | 248 students | Gr. PK-8 1 Review
Mill Valley Kumara School
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.2 mi | 55 students | Gr. K-1