The Marin School
|School Membership(s)||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||73 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||25% (CA School Avg.: 44%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average SAT score||1130|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,250|
|Tuition Notes||Generous tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid||35%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
|Admissions Director||Margarita Rhodes|
|Admissions Associate||Sierra Antonio|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||7 extracurriculars|
|journalism||mountain biking club|
- Our mission is to provide a collaborative learning environment that inspires creativity, integrity, and academic excellence.
- WHO ARE WE?
- College-preparatory high school (U.C. approved curriculum)
- Excellent student/teacher ratio
- A class size that promotes learning (average 9)
- Small educational environment
- WHO ARE THE STUDENTS WE ENROLL?
- Students who demonstrate academic and creative potential.
- Students who are seeking a close relationship with their teachers.
- Students who will actively participate in the learning process and in the school.
- Students who will make a personal investment in their academic success.
- Students who value the opportunities offered in a small learning community.
- WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
- We celebrate diverse thinking and individual personalities.
- We practice collaboration instead of competition.
- We offer participatory classes and encourage each individual's voice.
- We motivate students through innovative lessons and real-world applications.
- We emphasize conceptual thinking rather than rote learning.
- We honor each student's unique learning style.
- We identify and nurture each student's talents and gifts.
- We offer a web-based daily communication tool for parents, students and staff.
- We meet daily to ensure full staff knowledge of each student's progress.
- Students at The Marin School matriculate to leading colleges and universities across the country. We believe in the individual, and everything we do is designed to inspire, guide and empower each student to achieve his or her full academic and social potential.
Profile last updated: 02/27/2012
Related School Videos:
Watershed Project: Craft the Driving Question
3 years ago
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. 2-9 | 1.9 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 2 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 2.2 mi. away