|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||30% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||33%|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki or navy pants or skirts, plaid jumpers, white or blue oxford shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,532|
|Tuition Notes||1st-8th Home-to-school hybrid tuition: $4532 1st-8th Full-time tuition: $7315 Kindergarten rates are slightly lower|
|% on Financial Aid||10%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Taydn Tucker|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Leeds|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Choir, Classical Guitar, Orchestra, Tutoring Club Advanced Choir, Orchestra, Tutoring Club, Classical Guitar,
- Classical education is not a fad; it was the bedrock of the medieval academies, the schools of our founding fathers, and continues today in hundreds of schools nationwide with excellent results, very high test scores, and well rounded, exemplary students of good character.
- Beacon Hill Classical Academy is a member of The Association of Classical & Christian Schools.
- Students begin learning Latin in 1st grade which leads to greater understanding of English vocabulary and structure, is the key to many Romance languages, science, legal and technical vocabularies, and leads students who far outperform others in SAT scores. In secondary school, the students learn Greek, the language of the New Testament, for greater vocabulary benefits.
- We endeavor to teach critical thinking, and in addition to the Trivium (Grammar, Dialectic/Logic, Rhetoric), Bible, History, Math, Science, Art, Music/Singing, Latin, Great Books, and physical education. We desire to create wise, eloquent, and mature Christians. For this reason, we offer a robust music and art program, comprehensive world history, poetry, and ongoing work in composition and speech. All our subjects are taught in light of Scripture, recognizing the sovereignty and art of God in all of creation and history. Our motto is Psalm 36:9 "In light do we see light."
- We recognize the ultimate authority and responsibility of the parents and welcome parents in the classroom at any time.
- Beacon Hill Classical Academy is located in beautiful Camarillo, CA between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Parent carpools are traveling from Ventura, Simi Valley, Westlake Village, and Thousand Oaks.
- Beacon Hill offers two programs: Full time and hybrid. The full-time students attend Beacon Hill five days per week while the hybrid students study at home two days per week. They are taught by their parents using teacher-created lesson plans and join their full-time peers in the classroom the other three days per week. The hybrid program is by far our most popular program. For this reason, the full-time students experience a much smaller student to teacher ratio (about 10:1) and thus more personalized and intensive work those two days.
Profile last updated: 10/07/2013
Camarillo Camarillo Progressive Montessori
Montessori School0.3 mi | 50 students | Gr. K-1
Camarillo Cornerstone Christian Schools
(Christian)1.3 mi | 319 students | Gr. PK-8
Camarillo The Carden Heights Academy of Camarillo
Camarillo Camarillo KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.8 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Camarillo St. Mary Magdalen School
(Roman Catholic)2.1 mi | 294 students | Gr. K-8